Price in 2007
|Born||David M. Price
October 18, 1966
Poughkeepsie, New York, U.S.
|Alma mater||Cornell University
|Known for||Reporter for CBS's The Early Show|
Price was most recently the co-host for Good Day New York, the morning news progran produced by WNYW. He was brought in to replace Greg Kelly as Rosanna Scotto's counterpart, as Kelly was promoted to replace Ernie Anastos as the station's lead anchor for its evening newscasts. He left the station, for whom he had also worked for four years, in 2013 after they elected to move Kelly back to the morning show and replace him with Steve Lacy.
From 1996-98, he joined CBS affiliate WBBM-TV in Chicago as morning weather anchor and feature reporter. From 1998-99, Price was the host of Fox WTXF-TV's morning show Good Day Philadelphia. From 1999-2003, he worked as a weatherman/co-host for WNYW-TV/Fox 5 New York; for his final eight months, he worked as a feature reporter for the syndicated program Good Day Live.
Before Price came to The Early Show in 2003, he guest-starred as a consumer that was stranded during a robbery on Yes, Dear. In 2003, Price joined CBS News' The Early Show as a weather anchor and reporter replacing Mark McEwen. He also was the weather anchor for CBS 2 News This Morning on WCBS-TV in New York until 2006. And he occasionally fills in for Harry Smith on The Early Show. After Bob Barker announced his retirement from The Price Is Right late in 2006, Price auditioned as a replacement. Despite not getting the job there, he did host a week of shows on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire for the week of March 3-7, 2008.
On June 28, 2012 it was announced that Dave Price will be returning to Good Day New York as a co-anchor along with Rosanna Scotto starting July 2, 2012. He was quoted by Newsday as saying "The chance to rejoin Fox 5 and be a part of the ‘Good Day New York’ family again was one I couldn't pass up. I've been friends with Rosanna [Scotto] forever and to be honest -- it's tough to get a table at Fresco -- so this will help a lot. I can't wait to start the day with our viewers and provide all the news and information they need and maybe a few smiles and laughs each morning, too. It doesn't get much better than this. I'm raring to go.”
Dave left the show abruptly on January 24, announcing his departure at the end of the broadcast. Reports conflict as to the reason for his exit, but all agree that he requested to be let out of his contract. Some sources claimed he was to be moved to the earlier 4:30 - 7AM news broadcast, as former Good Day Anchor Greg Kelly was to be returned to his former position, his brief stint as evening news anchor ended. Dave was against the move, and asked to be let out of his contract.
Price released a statement saying: “I had a great experience returning to Fox 5 but it is time to look for opportunities outside WNYW. I love [co-host] Rosanna [Scotto] and the gang and wish them all the best.”
Price graduated from Poughkeepsie High School in 1983 and graduated from Cornell University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial and Labor Relations in 1987, and from Columbia University with a master's degree in organizational psychology.
- At Fox station WTXF-TV in Philadelphia, Price earned a local Emmy for his reporting from the Persian Gulf.
- Received two local Emmys for his work at Chicago station WBBM-TV (CBS).
- In New York, won two local Emmys for Best Feature and Best Host.
- Recipient of the American Women in Radio and Television Gracie Award for his report on Joan Lovett.
- On April 25, 2007, Dave was honored by the Poughkeepsie Area Chamber of Commerce. He was given an honorary 100 year membership.
- On May 17, 2009, Dave was given an Honorary Degree from Sacred Heart University, Fairfield, Connecticut.
- "Channel 5 shakeup: Anastos out at 10; Dave Price returns". Newsday. Retrieved 5 October 2014.
- "Dave Price". Cornell. Retrieved August 26, 2009.
- "Early Show Weatherman Dave Price Is Married". PEOPLE.com. Retrieved 5 October 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dave Price.|