Wiegand placed second in the same event in 1994 and third in 2000. He also finished eighth (of 102 competitors) in the World Scrabble Championship 2005. Since his career began in 1985, he has played nearly 4000 tournament games, winning more than two thirds of his games and has earned over $115,000 in prize money, ranking fifth among all players.
Wiegand was born and raised in Lincoln, Nebraska to professors Roger and Sylvia Wiegand. He attended Reed College in Portland, Oregon, where he graduated in 1995 with a B.A. in mathematics. He works as a mortgage underwriter and lives with his wife and two daughters in Portland.
- "North American SCRABBLE Championship - NASPAWiki". Scrabbleplayers.org. 2016-04-20. Retrieved 2016-09-15.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-08-31. Retrieved 2009-04-21.
- "Leaders". Cross-tables.com. Retrieved 2016-09-15.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-04-10. Retrieved 2009-08-05.
- Dave Wiegand Scrabble tournament results at cross-tables.com
- NASPA: Dave Wiegand
- NSA Player Information: Dave Wiegand
|This biographical article related to American sports is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This board game-related article or section is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|