Dave Witte playing drums with Municipal Waste
|Born||August 11, 1971|
|Origin||New Jersey, United States|
|Genres||Death metal, grindcore, powerviolence, hardcore punk, metalcore, noise rock, thrash metal, crossover thrash, sludge metal, Digital hardcore|
|Labels||Pulp, H.G. Fact, Slap-a-Ham, Relapse, Devour, Hydra Head, Earache, Ipecac, Tankcrimes, Nuclear Blast|
|Associated acts||Human Remains, Discordance Axis, Black Army Jacket, East West Blast Test, Phantomsmasher, Burnt by the Sun, Melt-Banana, Municipal Waste, Birds of Prey, Brain Tentacles, Deny the Cross|
Dave Witte (born 11 August 1971) is a professional drummer currently living in Virginia. He is known for his work in numerous extreme metal or hardcore punk bands including Municipal Waste, Melt-Banana, Discordance Axis, Black Army Jacket, Birds of Prey, Burnt By The Sun, and Deny the Cross among others. He has also played as a session drummer for many other acts.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Drumming
- 3 Bands
- 4 Discography
- 4.1 Anodyne
- 4.2 Atomsmasher
- 4.3 Birds of Prey
- 4.4 Black Army Jacket
- 4.5 Burnt by the Sun
- 4.6 Candiria
- 4.7 Deny the Cross
- 4.8 Discordance Axis
- 4.9 East West Blast Test
- 4.10 Exit-13
- 4.11 Hex Machine
- 4.12 Hope Collapse
- 4.13 Human Remains
- 4.14 King Generator
- 4.15 Major Burns
- 4.16 Melt-Banana
- 4.17 Phantomsmasher
- 4.18 Redrum
- 4.19 Municipal Waste
- 4.20 Circle of Animals
- 5 References
Dave Witte is a New Jersey native. He relocated to Richmond, Virginia to join Municipal Waste. He has been the drummer on numerous albums since 1990. He plays many styles of drumming while retaining heavy aspects of music in all his projects. Witte was introduced to drumming in grade school by his Uncle Victor. Before he graduated high school he was studying many performances, and had already formed his first band, Human Remains. On his off-time from recording and touring Witte works in the kitchen of a catering company. He is a self-proclaimed beer lover, with Belgian beers being his favorite. He also finished his first triathlon in 2003. Dave Witte is also a fan of cats. He has two cats, Eddie and Linda.
Dave Witte is a professional drummer who is well known for playing in with numerous bands. He often plays with multiple bands at once. A renowned drummer in the underground scene, he is known for his precise blast beats and rolls, technical fills and overall speedy playing. Witte says he "loves the speed aspect of drumming".
Dave Witte has been in numerous bands since the early '90's. He has never been in just one band, and he has been in up to five or six bands at once. He has recorded many studio albums with bands, toured with many other bands, or formed his own bands always keeping busy playing music.
Dave Witte joined Municipal Waste in 2004, after previous drummer Brandon Ferrel left the band. In 2005 Municipal Waste released their first album with Dave Witte on drums, Hazardous Mutation. Since then they have released Massive Aggressive in 2009. Their most recent album, The Fatal Feast came out in 2012. According to Dave Witte Massive Aggressive is the best album the band has done to date.
Dave Witte formed Burnt By the Sun in 1999 along with friend John Adubato. Witte's reason for forming the band was because he was tired of buying records "that failed to deliver what they promised" so they formed their own style of metal using what Witte and the other members felt were missing from heavy music. The band released a demo on Ferret records. After the demo they released several albums on Relapse Records. After a hiatus Witte claimed it was time to make a third record, but stated the band "can not and will not be full-time". He also stated this will be the last release from Burnt by the Sun.
Deny the Cross [2013-Present]
Formed in 2013 by Witte, vocalist Carlos Ramirez, guitarist Dan Lactose, and bassist Ramon Salcido, Deny the Cross is powerviolence band that released their debut album, Alpha Ghoul, in 2016, via Tankcrimes. In addition to Witte, Deny the Cross' members have also been in such bands as Spazz, Agents of Satan, Black Army Jacket, Plutocracy, Funeral Shock, and Lakota.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (January 2011)|
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (January 2011)|
Dave Witte toured with Melt Banana for four years.
Dave Witte's second band that gained much critical attention after the band had broken up.
- Human Remains
This was Dave Witte's first band.
A NYC-based powerviolence band that released one studio album, and a slew of EPs and compilation tracks.
Dave Witte has also collaborated with numerous artists to create:
- Hex Machine
- East West Blast Test
- Hope Collapse
Witte also rehearsed with Pig Destroyer with the intention of joining the band following the departure of drummer Brian Harvey but was forced to back out due to a pre-existing wrist injury. Material was written for the band's upcoming album with Witte.
Dave Witte has a drumming career spanning over two decades. He has recorded over 50 albums with several bands. Below his albums are listed by band.
- Red Was Her Favorite Color (2001, Happy Couples Never Last Records)
- The First Four Years (2004, Blackbox Recordings)
Birds of Prey
Black Army Jacket
- Black Army Jacket/Agathocles (1998, Deaf American Recordings)
- 222 (1999, Chainsaw Safety Records)
- Closed Casket (2004, Blackbox Recordings)
Burnt by the Sun
- Burnt by the Sun/Luddite Clone (2000, Ferret Records)
- Burnt by the Sun EP (2002, Relapse Records)
- Soundtrack to the Personal Revolution (2002, Relapse Records)
- The Perfect Is the Enemy of the Good (2003, Relapse Records)
- Live from the Relapse Contamination Festival (2003, Relapse Records)
- Burnt by the Sun/Car Bomb Split (2007, Relapse Records)
- Heart of Darkness (2009, Relapse Records)
Deny the Cross
- Alpha Ghoul (2016, Tankcrimes)
- Discordance Axis/Cosmic Hurse (1992, Pulp Records)
- Discordance Axis/Hellchild (1993, H.G.Fact Records)
- V/A World H.C. Compilation (1993, Discrete Records)
- Discordance Axis/Capitalist Casualties (1994, Pulp Records)
- Discordance Axis/Def Master (1994, H.G. Fact Records)
- Ulterior(1995, Devour Records)
- Discordance Axis/Putocracy (1995, Slap A Ham Records)
- Discordance Axis/Melt Banana (1995, H.G. Fact Records)
- V/A Oh Great Blue Thing Compilation (1996, Oh Great Blue Thing Records)
- Jouhou (1997, Devour Records)
- Necropolitan (1997, H.G. Fact Records)
- The Inalienable Dreamless (2000, Hydrahead Records)
- Discordanace Axis/Corrupted/324 (2001, H.G. Fact Records)
- Our Last Day (2005, Hydrahead Records)
East West Blast Test
- East West Blast Test (2000, Slap A Ham Records)
- Popular Music for Unpopular People (2006, Ipecac Recordings)
- Demo (1990)
- Demo (1991)
- Admiration Most Deep and Foul (1992, Cenotaph Records)
- Spoint of Beauty V/A Midnight Offerings (1992, With Your Teeth Records)
- Patterns in the Grass (1995, Happy Days Records)
- Using Sickness as a Hero (1996, Relapse Records)
- Where Were You When Discography (2002, Relapse Records)
- Peel Session (2001, Unreleased)
- Hazardous Mutation (2005, Earache Records)
- The Art of Partying (2007, Earache Records)
- Massive Aggressive (2009, Earache Records)
- Toxic Waste split w/ Toxic Holocaust (2012, Tankcrimes)
- The Fatal Feast (2012, Nuclear Blast)
Circle of Animals
- Dave Witte Interview lambgoat.com, 3/4/2006, 10/20/2009.
- Dave Witte Biography paiste.com, 10/25/2009
- Dave Witte Interview club.kingsnake.com, 4/10/2008, 10/23/2009
- Dave Witte Interview with Decibel decibelmagazine.com, 9/24/2009, 10/24/2009
- Municipal Waste Website facethewaste.com, 10/19/2009
- Municipal Waste Interview roadrunnerrecords.com 03/13/2009, 10/20/2009
- Dave Witte's Blog blog.davewitte.com, 10/20/2009
- Burnt By the Sun Relapse Records Page relapse.com, 10/22/2009
- Birds of Prey Myspace Page myspace.com/birdsop 10/23/2009
- King Generator's Myspace Page myspace.com/kinggenerator, 10/22/2009