Davichi at KCON LA in 2016
Davichi (Hangul: 다비치) is a South Korean pop ballad duo formed in 2008 by Core Contents Media and currently signed under CJ E&M. The duo consists of vocalists Lee Hae-ri and Kang Min-kyung. Their name "Davichi" is derived from the Korean for "shining over everything" (다 비치).
The duo has released two studio albums and six extended plays to date, and featured on several soundtracks for television dramas such as Descendants of the Sun and It's Okay, That's Love. Since their debut with the single "I Hate You, I Love You", they have experienced consistent commercial success, with six number one singles in Korea.
2008–10: Debut and Breakthrough
The duo released their debut studio album, Amaranth, on February 4, 2008. The promotional track "I Hate You, I Love You" won the Rookie of the Month award for February from the Cyworld Digital Music Awards. The duo subsequently promoted the track "Sad Promise" from the album. On July 8, they released a repackaged edition of their first album titled Vivid Summer Edition, with "Love and War" as the promotional single.
On March 5, 2009, Davichi released the extended play Davichi in Wonderland, with the lead single "8282". The song proved to be popular among the general public and continued Davichi's chart success.
2011–12: Love Delight
On August 16, 2011, it was announced that Davichi would be releasing their third extended play, Love Delight, later in the month. On August 27, it was revealed by Davichi's label, Core Contents Media, that the entire Love Delight album had been leaked on the internet. Despite the leak quickly making its way through internet portal sites, the company chose not to change the release date. Love Delight was released on August 29, along with the music video to their lead single, "Don't Say Goodbye". The song went on to chart at number one on Korea's Gaon Digital Chart and the Billboard K-Pop Hot 100 for three consecutive weeks.
On October 7, 2012, it was announced that the members of Davichi would be leaving their label to form an independent company. However, less than one month later, it was revealed that the duo had retracted their decision to leave Core Contents Media and renewed their contracts.
2013–14: Mystic Ballad and 6,7
On March 3, 2013, the music video for the pre-release single "Turtle", from Davichi's second studio album Mystic Ballad, was released. The music video starred 5dolls member Hyoyoung. "Turtle" went on to chart at number one on South Korea's Gaon Single Chart. On March 18, Davichi released the title track "Just the Two of Us", along with the full album, which featured collaborations with Duble Sidekick, Verbal Jint, Jung Suk-won, and Ryu Jae-hyun. Promotions for "Just the Two of Us" began on March 21 on M! Countdown. The single took the number one spot on M! Countdown, marking Davichi's fifteenth music show win.
On April 1, Davichi released the digital single "Be Warmed (feat. Verbal Jint)". The song was originally listed on the track listing for Mystic Ballad, but was taken out for unknown reasons. The song was met with instant success in South Korea. On June 27, Davichi released the digital single album "Memories of Summer" with the track "Because I Miss You Today", which was produced by Choi Kyu-sung.
On February 23, 2014, it was announced that Davichi's contract had expired and that a renewal of their contract with Core Contents Media seemed unlikely. It was soon later announced that the duo had indeed not re-signed, but that they would be releasing a final studio album with the company as a 'parting gift'. On June 4, Davichi released "Again", featuring Kim Tae-min, Park Sang-won, and F-ve Dolls' Seunghee. On June 18, the duo released "Pillow", a previously unreleased debut song. The EP 6,7 was released the day after. On July 3, Davichi released "Don't Move" as their last single under Core Contents Media, with the music video featuring T-ara N4's Dani and Speed's Sungnim.
On July 13, Davichi released "괜찮아 사랑이야" ("It's Okay, That's Love"), which was featured throughout the SBS drama It's Okay, That's Love. Shortly after that, on July 17, the duo signed an exclusive contract with CJ E&M after their contract with Core Contents Media expired.
2015–present: Davichi Hug and 50 x Half
Davichi released the EP Davichi Hug under their new agency on January 21, 2015, with the two lead singles "Crying Again" and "Sorry, I'm Happy". The mini-album was released under the CJ E&M division MMO Entertainment. On December 16, they released the digital single "화이트 (WHITE)" featuring Jay Park under the label B2M Entertainment.
- Davichi 1st Concert "The Premiere Wide Hole" In Seoul (2009)
- Davichi Christmas Concert In Seoul (2010)
- Davichi Concert "To Send" (2011)
- Davichi Code (2013)
- Davichi Concert "Winter Hug" (2015)
- Davichi In Tempo 2016 <50XHALF>
- Davichi OST & Greatest Hits Live in Singapore 2017
|2011||Immortal Songs 2||KBS2||Kang Minkyung||Contestant|
|Pops in Seoul||Arirang TV||All|
|2012||Imagination Love Battle||JTBC||Kang Minkyung|
|2013||Hidden Singer||JTBC||Episode 13 Special Guest|
|You Hee-yeol's Sketchbook||KBS2||All||Episode 183 and 211|
|Gag Concert||KBS World||Episode 694 "Discoveries in Life" 생활의 발견|
|Immortal Songs 2||KBS2||Episode 94|
|Hello Counselor||KBS World||Episode 119|
|Pops in Seoul||Arirang TV||Lee Hae-ri|
|Dating Alone||JTBC||Kang Minkyung||Episode 5-6 with Zhang Yuan|
|2 Days & 1 Night||KBS2||Season 3 episode 63|
|King of Mask Singer||MBC||Episode 17-18 "Cotton Candy Come For Walk"|
|2016||I Can See Your Voice||Mnet||All|
|Olive SHOW||Olive TV|
|Two Yoo Project Sugar Man||JTBC||Lee Haeri||Episode 22, Sugar song: 나는 문제 없어 (I Have No Problems)|
|Running Man||SBS||Kang Minkyung||Episode 322|
|Duet Song Festival||MBC||Contestant with Kim Min-ho (Episodes 29-30)|
|Knowing Brother||JTBC||All||Episode 48|
|You Hee-yeol's Sketchbook||KBS2||Episode 338|
|2017||The Sheng Siong Show||Mediacorp||All||Season 20 Episode 9 Special Guest|
- "Davichi". KBS World. Retrieved 30 January 2013.
- 2008 MNET Asian Music Award Winner. http://mwave.interest.me/index.m. Retrieved on March 14, 2013.
- Golden Disk Awards. Retrieved on March 14, 2013.
- Seoul Music Awards Nominee, Voting and Winners. http://www.nate.com/. Retrieved on March 14, 2013.
- 다비치 `시간아 멈춰라`로 컴백 Archived April 7, 2014, at the Wayback Machine.. http://www.hankyung.com/ Retrieved on March 14, 2013.
- 다비치, 오늘(6일) 미니앨범 전곡 공개..네티즌 "대박예감". http://www.asiae.co.kr/news/ Retrieved on March 14, 2013.
- 여성듀오 다비치가 돌아왔다…1년3개월만에 컴백. http://www.nate.com/. Retrieved on March 14, 2013.
- 다비치, 새 앨범 전곡 유출 '비상' "경로 파악중". Naver News (August 27, 2011). Retrieved on January 17, 2012.
- 다비치, 미니앨범 '러브 딜라이트' 음원 공개 '환상의 하모니' 자랑. http://tvdaily.mk.co.kr/main.html/ Retrieved on March 14, 2013.
- 다비치, 3주연속 美 빌보드 K-팝 차트 1위...'대단해'. http://www.naver.com/ Retrieved on March 14, 2013.
- 다비치, 티아라와 다른 배 탄다...독립하기로 최근 결정. http://news.naver.com/ Retrieved on March 14, 2013.
- 다비치 코어콘텐츠 잔류…2월 블록버스터 음반 발매 예정. http://www.ajunews.com/ Retrieved on March 14, 2013.
- 효영 마릴린먼로 변신, 다비치 MV속 '몽환적 소녀'. http://stylem.mt.co.kr/. Retrieved on March 14, 2013.
- 다비치, ‘거북이’ 단숨에 정상 등극. http://www.ebuzz.co.kr/. Retrieved on March 14, 2013.
- 다비치 ‘둘이서 한잔해’ 뮤비 장신영 몰입도 어땠길래 ‘오열’[포토엔]. http://www.newsen.com/. Retrieved on March 18, 2013.
- 다비치 정규 2집, 온라인 차트 휩쓸었다. http://sports.hankooki.com/. Retrieved on March 18, 2013.
- 다비치, 새정규앨범 재킷 최초공개..타투 베이근녀. http://www.naver.com/. Retrieved on March 14, 2013.
- 엠카 다비치, 짙은 감성으로 ‘둘이서 한잔해’. http://star.mk.co.kr/. Retrieved on March 21, 2013.
- 다비치, '엠카' 1위…"불안한 마음으로 컴백했는데 감사하다". http://enews24.interest.me/. Retrieved on March 28, 2013.
- 다비치 신곡 ‘녹는 중’ MV, 남심 녹이는 각선미. http://etv.donga.com/. Retrieved on April 2, 2013.
- 강민경 버벌진트, 폴라로이드 사진 공개 ‘다비치 녹는중 녹음 중’. http://star.fnnews.com/. Retrieved on April 2, 2013.
- 다비치 '녹는 중', 신곡 발표 후 차트 '1위 석권'. http://stylem.mt.co.kr/. Retrieved on April 2, 2013.
- 음원강자 다비치, 여름 겨냥 디지털싱글 공개. Nate. Retrieved on June 27, 2013.
- "[스타포커스] 다비치, 또 한 번 가을 가요계 휩쓸까…'전설의 귀환'". Nate News (in Korean). 2016-10-13. Retrieved 2016-10-17.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Davichi.|
|Awards and achievements|
|M.NET KM Music Festival - Best New Female Group/Artist