David Davies (electrical engineer)
1985-1988: Head of the Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering at University College London (UCL), and holder of the Pender Chair, having already been lecturing there, in Communications Systems, for many years prior to that.
1994-1995: President of the Institution of Electrical Engineers (IEE)
He has subsequently been Chairman of Railway Safety, a non executive director of Lattice plc, a non-executive director of The ERA Foundation, Chairman of the Hazards Forum (2002-2010), and safety advisor to the Board of National Grid plc.
Awards and honors
- CBE (Commander of the Order of the British Empire),
- FREng (Fellow of the Royal Academy of Engineering),
- FRS (Fellow of the Royal Society)
- Faraday Medal, Institution of Electrical Engineers, 1987
- Received an Honorary Doctorate from Heriot-Watt University in 1999
- "Past Presidents - RAEng". Retrieved 29 March 2015.
- Sir David Davies, The ERA Foundation. Accessed July 30, 2010
- Former MoD adviser to study rail safety, BBC News, 7 October 1999
- email@example.com. "Heriot-Watt University Edinburgh: Honorary Graduates". www1.hw.ac.uk. Retrieved 2016-04-04.
Professor John Phillips
Professor Sir David Wallace