David Ainsworth (1842 – 21 Mar 1906) was a British Liberal Party politician. He first elected a Member of Parliament (MP) for the West Division of Cumberland at the 1880 general election. He had run unsuccessfully for this position in 1874. In 1885 and 1886 he ran for the Egremont constituency in Parliament, but lost. He however won the election to this constituency in 1892, but held the seat for only three years, being defeated at the 1895 general election.
Ainsworth was the brother of John Stirling Ainsworth.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)|
- W. W. Bean. The Parliamentary Representation of Six Northern Counties of England. (1890) p. 15.
- Craig, F. W. S. (1989) . British parliamentary election results 1832–1885 (2nd ed.). Chichester: Parliamentary Research Services. pp. 369–370. ISBN 0-900178-26-4.
- Craig, F. W. S. (1989) . British parliamentary election results 1885–1918 (2nd ed.). Chichester: Parliamentary Research Services. p. 245. ISBN 0-900178-27-2.
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs [self-published source][better source needed]
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by David Ainsworth
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
The Lord Muncaster and
|Member of Parliament for Cumberland Western
With: Percy Wyndham
The Lord Muncaster
|Member of Parliament for Egremont
|This article about a Liberal Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|