David Arkin (American football)
Arkin with the Rams in 2016
|No. 66 Los Angeles Rams|
|Date of birth:||October 7, 1987|
|Place of birth:||Wichita, Kansas|
|Height:||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Weight:||306 lb (139 kg)|
|High school:||Wichita (KS) Kapaun Mt. Carmel|
|NFL Draft:||2011 / Round: 4 / Pick: 110|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 14, 2016|
|Player stats at PFR|
David Arkin (born October 7, 1987) is an American football offensive guard for the Los Angeles Rams of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Missouri State University. He has also been a member of the Dallas Cowboys, Miami Dolphins, Seattle Seahawks, and Indianapolis Colts.
Arkin was a consensus All-state selection as a senior offensive lineman at Kapaun Mt. Carmel High School. As a defensive lineman, he earned All-city consideration after registering 47 tackles and 3 sacks as a senior, while helping his team to the sectional championship. He also was part of the school's wrestling team.
At Missouri State University, in his first three years he was the team starter at right guard. He started playing left tackle in the last two games of his junior season and continued playing there as a senior.
Arkin was selected in the fourth round (110th overall) by the Dallas Cowboys in the 2011 NFL Draft, with the intention of playing him at offensive guard. After being inactive for every game as a rookie, in his second season he was forced to learn the center position in training camp, after the team suffered a series of injuries. His lack of strength and experience, kept him again inactive in every game despite being healthy.
In 2013, the team decided to have him focus on the right guard position. As he has done in previous training camps, he proved to be one of the most durable players on the team and was activated for the first regular season game of his career in the season opener against the New York Giants. He was released on October 26, to make room for Jakar Hamilton and later signed to the team's practice squad.
On November 5, 2013, he was signed by the Miami Dolphins from the Dallas Cowboys practice squad. The signing was a direct result of the issues the Dolphins where having on their offensive line, after Richie Incognito alleged role in the harassment of teammate Jonathan Martin. He was active in only one game (against the Carolina Panthers). The following season after being tried at center, he was waived on August 30, 2014.
Arkin was signed to the Indianapolis Colts practice squad on September 16, 2014. On December 31, he was promoted to the active roster when Gosder Cherilus was placed on the injured reserve list and played in 3 playoff games, mainly on special teams.
On September 5, 2015, he was released and signed to the practice squad. He was cut from the practice squad on September 23, and re-signed on October 26. On November 3, he was released to make room for guard Ben Heenan.
St. Louis / Los Angeles Rams
On November 17, 2015, Arkin was signed to the St. Louis Rams practice squad. On September 6, 2016, he was released and signed to the Rams' practice squad two days later. He was promoted to the active roster on December 15, 2016.
- "Scout's Eye focus: OG David Arkin". ESPN.com.
- "David Arkin looks like another mid-round O-line bust". ESPN.com.
- "Cowboys Release David Arkin To Add Safety Hamilton". Dallas Cowboys.
- "Dolphins add David Arkin off Cowboys' practice squad – Dallas Cowboys Blog – ESPN". ESPN.com.
- "Miami Dolphins cut-down analysis". ESPN.com.
- "Seahawks sign tackle Andrew McDonald to 53-man active roster, shuffle practice squad". Seattle Seahawks.
- "Indianapolis Colts sign Kelcy Quarles due to Arthur Jones injury – Indianapolis Colts Blog – ESPN". ESPN.com.
- "Indianapolis Colts make roster moves". colts.com. December 31, 2014. Retrieved December 31, 2014.
- "Indianapolis Colts Make Roster Moves". blogs.colts.com. September 5, 2015. Retrieved September 6, 2015.
- "Indianapolis Colts make roster moves". blogs.colts.com. October 26, 2015. Retrieved October 27, 2015.
- "Indianapolis Colts make practice squad moves". blogs.colts.com. November 3, 2015. Retrieved November 3, 2015.
- Lyons, Joe (November 17, 2015). "Rams report: Team makes multiple moves to fill out roster". STLToday.com. Retrieved November 29, 2015.
- Bain, Nate. "Rams Sign DB Steve Williams". TheRams.com.
- McAtee, Joe (December 15, 2016). "LA Rams Place DE Robert Quinn, RB Benny Cunningham On IR; Promote OL David Arkin, DL Morgan Fox From PS". TurfShowTimes.com.