David Bagrationi (born 1948)
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (June 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Born||1948 (age 67–68)
|Religion||Georgian Orthodox Church|
David Iraklis Dze Bagrationi (Georgian: დავით ირაკლის ძე ბაგრატიონი) (born 1948) is a Georgian scion of the royal Bagrationi dynasty of Imereti, one of the two surviving direct male-line descendants of the kings of Imereti, the other being his son. He is the current head of the Imeretian Bagrations.
David married Irina Kobakhidze (born 1951) and they have 3 children:
- Ketevan Bagrationi (born 1979).
- Tamar Bagrationi (born 1981).
- Irakli Bagrationi (born 1981), future successor and head of House of Imereti.
As this branch of the Imereti Bagrations descends from natural offspring of Prince Bagrat of Imereti and no other male lines of that family exists, Imereti Bagrations are usually regarded extinct on the male side, apparently also by other branches of the Bagration family.
- ბაგრატიონები: სამეცნიერო და კულტურული მემკვიდრეობა, იმერეთის მეფეები ბაგრატიონთა დინასტიიდან, თბილისი, 2003 The Bagrations: Scientific and Cultural heritage, Kings of Imereti from Bagrationi dynasty, Tbilisi, 2003
- IMERETI The Bagrationi (Bagration) Dynasty GENEALOGY. Retrieved 2013-11-05.
- The Legal Heir to the Royal Throne of the Georgian Bagrationi Dynasty. Appendix of Additional Information No13.