David Baron (composer)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Between 1991 and 2000, David ran Baron and Baron with his father, Aaron Baron. Aaron Baron was a pioneer in location recording and engineered many famous records including, Allman Brother’s at Fillmore East “BB King Live in Cook County Jail”. Baron and Baron became a leader in original music for television network branding. During this period David composed and produced music for E!, fX, VH1, MGM, Star TV, PBS, ABC, CBS, Showtime, TV Land, Nickelodeon, MTV, and others.
After Baron and Baron folded, David formed Edison Music in 2001 and took over the Hotel Edison recording studio with Lenny Kravitz and Henry Hirsch. The trio ran the studio from 2001 to 2008. David made a foray into records during this period, first with Lenny Kravitz and later producing, playing, and composing for many records.
In 2008, he opened his own studio in his hometown of Boiceville; the studio includes a vast instrument collection. Baron, an aficionado of rare analog synthesizers, owns analog modular synthesizers including the Arp 2500, Moog Modular 3p, and a large Serge Modular System.
- Gregory Colbert/Ashes and Snow – unannounced film, art and technological installation project. Follow up to Ashes and Snow. Multiple long-form films (score), 24-hour song cycle (songwriter and chief producer), and short VR films. Announcement 2018.
- Tatterdemalion Green Hummingbird - David was responsible for the orchestral feature film score, release date TBD. Premiered October 2017 at Heartland Film Festival.
- Keely and Du Dykon Films. David did the feature film score (all electronic). In production (2018)
- The Lumineers "Ballad of Cleopatra" David created the underscore for the short film. (2017)
- Francis VR David created the musical score for VR film for the World Bank/World Health Organization to raise awareness for mental health. Shown at the First World Humanitarian Summit in Turkey, the UN, World Bank conference, and Sundance Film Festival. (2017)
- “Cycles,” David Baron. Here and Now Records UK – debut solo record. Instrumental music featuring rare analog Modular synthesizers, string sections and grand pianos recorded in a concert hall, hyper-processed acoustic instruments, and advanced Kyma-based sound design.
- “Something American EP”, "Lottery” Jade Bird. David was producer, engineer, mixer (except for "Lottery"), arranger, musician (2017-2018)
- “The Projector”, Simone Felice. David was responsible for keyboards, engineering, arranger, additional production, mixing (2018)
- Matt Maeson, "The Hearse," "Hallucinogenics". David was producer, engineer, arranger, keyboards. Atlantic Records. (2018)
- Lenny Kravitz, "Raise Vibration". David was responsible for piano, keyboards, synthesizers, orchestral arrangements, orchestral production BMG. (2018)
- Vance Joy, "Nation of Two," "Little Boy". David was responsible for keyboards, bass, arrangement, recording. (2018)
- Shawn Mendes, "Shawn Mendes," "Perfectly Wrong" David was responsible for string arrangement, conductor, Island Records (2018)
- Shawn Mendes, "Bad Reputation" David was responsible for string arrangement, conductor, Island Records, #1 Billboard Record (2016).
- “The Lumineers Cleopatra” David played keyboards. Dualtone Records. #1 Billboard Record (2016)
- Nick Fradiani "Howl at the Moon” David played keyboards. Big Machine Records
- Bat for Lashes “The Bride (album)” 2016. David was responsible for synthesizers, string arrangements, mixing. EMI Records. Nominated for the 2016 Mercury Prize Award
- Melanie De Biasio “Blackened Cities” 2016. David was responsible for mix engineering and mastering. PIAS Recordings.
- “Meghan Trainor, Title (Meghan Trainor album). EP and Record. David was a musician, arranger and conductor. Epic Records. Multi-platinum, Number One Record, Grammy Song of the Year Nominee (2015)
- Simi Stone “Simi Stone”. David was producer, co-writer, and mixer.
- Simone Felice "The Stranger". Producer and co-writer. (2014)
- Burnell Pines “Burnell Pines”. David was producer, co-writer, and arranger.
- “Lenny”, “Black and White America”, “Strut” Lenny Kravitz. David appears as string arranger, synthesist, and keyboardist.
- Peter Murphy (musician), “Ninth”. David was Producer, Composer, Cowriter and Musician. Nettwerk
- “Another Day” Michael Jackson. David appears on synths and programming.
- "Age of Solo", "Everyman", and "Good Weather, Bad Fortune" “Lettie” Producer and co-writer.
- "Simi" and "Good Friend EP" Simi Stone aka “Simi Sernaker”. Producer and co-writer.
Commercials and network branding
- TV Land Branding 2000-2008
- OWN Network Launch
- Old Navy “Drawstring” jingle
- Target “Love & Efficiency” song
- JCPenney “It’s All Inside” jingle and tag
- PBS Kids theme (co-composed with David Wilson)
- Unannounced Project with Gregory Colbert.
- Production with Simone Felice
- Production with Kevin Kadish
- Marco-Havens, Rachel (30 July 2012). "Coming Home-Staying Home: Baron's musical conversation". Hudson Valley One. Retrieved 2 September 2017.
- Diaz, Ann-Christine (March 2003). "Edison Music Corporation". Advertising Age. Retrieved 2 September 2017.
- "In addition to being a world-class multi-instrumentalist, producer, and mix engineer, David Baron is the one you call when your music needs to get that extra bit of magic". Sonnox.
- "Something American is the Debut of an Impossibly Confident Artist and a Distinctive New Voice". Glassnote Music.
- "Simone Felice unveils new single "The Projector" featuring Four Tet and Bat For Lashes' Natasha Khan". The Line of Best Fit.
- "Matt Maeson Gets Experimental in New 'Hallucinogenics' Video". Billboard.
- "All Music=Vance Joy's Nation of Two". All Music.
- "The Lumineers-Cleopatra". Discogs.
- "Bat for Lashes, The Bride". Discogs.
- "Melanie de Biasio, Blackened Cities". Discogs.
- "Q&A: Owings Mills native Kevin Kadish on Grammy nods, life after 'Bass' and more". Baltimore Sun.
- "Simi Stone, Singer / Songwriter / Musician". Upstate Diary.
- "All Music/Simone Felice 'The Stranger'". All Music.
- "CD Reviews: Burnell Pines". Chronogram.
- ""I'm relevant, but Bauhaus aren't": DiS meets Peter Murphy".
- "Simone Felice: The Crocodile that Swallowed the Pocket Watch".