David Beaty (American football)
Beaty at 2017 Big 12 Media Days
October 26, 1970|
|Coaching career (HC unless noted)|
|1994–1996||Naaman Forest (TX) HS (AC)|
|1997–2000||Garland (TX) HS (AC)|
|2001||North Dallas (TX) HS|
|2002–2005||Irving MacArthur (TX) HS|
|2012||Texas A&M (WR)|
|2013–2014||Texas A&M (WR/RC)|
|Head coaching record|
39–15 (high school)
David Beaty (born October 26, 1970) is the head football coach at the University of Kansas. He was Kansas' wide receivers coach from 2008 to 2009 and co-offensive coordinator and wide receivers coach in 2011. He also has been an assistant coach at Kansas before being a head coach, as well as Rice University and Texas A&M University. He coached both soccer and football at the high school level for Naaman Forest High School and Garland High School, before becoming the head football coach at North Dallas High School and Irving MacArthur. On December 5, 2014 Beaty was hired by the University of Kansas to be their head coach. In his first season, he coached the team to its first winless season since 1954. In his second season, he achieved his first conference win and first win over an FBS team, in an overtime victory over Texas on November 19, 2016. This was the first time Kansas defeated Texas since 1938.
Following the 2016 season, on December 12, Beaty agreed to a contract extension through 2021, with an annual salary of $1.6 million. He followed this extension with a 2017 season in which his team won one game and lost eleven, while setting a school record for the fewest yards in a game and breaking an FBS record for the longest road game losing streak and the second longest in NCAA history.
On September 8, 2018, Beaty lead Kansas to 31–7 victory over Central Michigan, the Jayhawks first road victory since the 2009 season. A week later, on September 15, Beaty lead Kansas to a 55-14 victory over Rutgers, which gave the Jayhawks their first winning streak since 2011.
Head coaching record
|Kansas Jayhawks (Big 12 Conference) (2015–present)|
- "Rice Coaching profile". RiceOwls.com.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on December 9, 2014. Retrieved December 5, 2014.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on December 8, 2014. Retrieved December 5, 2014.
- "KU brings back A&M's Beaty as head coach". Retrieved September 15, 2018.
- "A&M assistant David Beaty becomes Kansas football coach; Clint Bowen stays on staff". Retrieved September 15, 2018.
- "Texas vs. Kansas - Game Summary - November 19, 2016 - ESPN". ESPN.com. Retrieved September 15, 2018.