David Bentley (bishop of Gloucester)
|Bishop of Gloucester|
|Diocese||Diocese of Gloucester|
|Term ended||2003 (retirement)|
|Other posts||Bishop of Lynn (1986–1993)|
|Born||7 August 1935|
|Children||Katharine Gorick, Simon Bentley, Rachel Harrison, Matthew Bentley|
|Alma mater||University of Leeds|
Bentley was educated at Great Yarmouth Grammar School and the University of Leeds. He studied for ordination at Westcott House, Cambridge and was ordained in 1961. He began his ordained ministry with as a curate at St Ambrose's Bristol and Holy Trinity with St Mary in Guildford; after which he was rector of Headley, East Hampshire, Rural Dean of Esher and (his final position before ordination to the episcopate) Warden of the Community of All Hallows, Ditchingham. He was consecrated as a bishop on 22 July 1986, by Robert Runcie, Archbishop of Canterbury, at Southwark Cathedral.
- Lords Hansard, 12 Jul 2000 : Column 222 (Accessed 26 April 2015)
- Debrett's People of Today: (1992, London, Debrett's) ISBN 1-870520-09-2
- Church website
- Crockford's Clerical Directory 1975-76, London: Oxford University Press, 1976, ISBN 0-19-200008-X
- Who's Who 1992, London, A & C Black, 1991, ISBN 0-7136-3514-2.
- "picture caption". Church Times (#6442). 1 August 1986. p. 2. ISSN 0009-658X. Retrieved 1 June 2019 – via UK Press Online archives.
|Church of England titles|
| Bishop of Lynn
| Bishop of Gloucester
|This article about a Church of England bishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|