David Bingham (soccer, born 1989)
|Full name||David Matthew Bingham|
|Date of birth||October 19, 1989|
|Place of birth||Castro Valley, California, United States|
|Height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|2008–2010||California Golden Bears||37||(0)|
|2009||NorCal Lamorinda United SC|
|2011–2017||San Jose Earthquakes||96||(0)|
|2014||→ San Antonio Scorpions (loan)||10||(0)|
|2014||→ Strømmen IF (loan)||9||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 11:30, 25 October 2017 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of February 3, 2017
David Bingham was born October 19, 1989 in Castro Valley, California to his parents Greg and Lisa Bingham. Bingham played for the youth club, Mustang United based out of Danville, California. In 2007, his club team made it to the Super- Y league National Championships. Bingham was a member of the Super-Y national team in 2006 and 2007. He had 13 shutouts and had a 0.60 goals against average during his senior year in high school. Bingham was a member of both the Bay Areas All-Area team as well as the all Tri-Valley team's first selection.
Bingham played his college career at the University of California, Berkeley between the years of 2008 and 2010. Bingham led the Golden Bears to the quarterfinals of the NCAA Tournament in 2010, where they fell to eventual NCAA Champion Akron Zips on penalties. In 2009, Bingham earned himself All-Pac-10 second team honors and posted a 0.95 goals against average. The majority of his 2008 year was spent as backup to Stefan Frei.
Bingham signed a Generation Adidas contract with Major League Soccer soon after the 2011 MLS SuperDraft. Due to signing post-SuperDraft, Bingham was allocated to an MLS team via a weighted lottery. He was awarded to San Jose Earthquakes, the team he supported as a boy, on January 26, 2011.
- "David Bingham". San Jose Earthquakes.
- "Quakes land goalkeeper David Bingham". MLSsoccer.com.
- "Quakes goalkeeper scores from punt". ESPN. Retrieved 2 July 2017.
- "San Jose Earthquakes goalkeeper David Bingham loaned to Norwegian club Strømmen". MLSsoccer.com.
- "NEWS: Earthquakes Trade Goalkeeper David Bingham to LA Galaxy". San Jose Earthquakes. 18 Dec 2017. Retrieved 18 Dec 2017.
- "David Bingham Breaks Into USMNT Pool with Clean Sheet Win Against Canada". Quakesepicenter.com.
- "Player Bio: Kim Bingham – Arizona State University Official Athletic Site". TheSunDevils.com.