David Bornstein (author)
David Bornstein is a journalist and author who specializes in writing about social innovation, a style called solutions journalism. He has written three books on social entrepreneurship. He is the founder of dowser.org, a news site that reports on social innovation. He writes for the Fixes blog for the New York Times website and is one of the co-founders of the Solutions Journalism Network. He is currently working on a book focusing on the growth and impact of social entrepreneurship in the US and Canada while also developing a website to be used towards providing solutions to major social issues. Bornstein also contributed to the first conference on social entrepreneurship in China. He has written for The Atlantic Monthly, The New York Times, Newsday, the European Business Forum, the Stanford Social Innovation Review and many others. His works have been published in fifteen different countries.
Bornstein is married and he and his wife have one child, a son.
He was awarded the 2007 Human Security Award for work in social entrepreneurship on October 25, 2007, which is given annually by the Coalition Advocating Human Security, a program of the University of California, Irvine. He also received the 2008 Leadership in Social Entrepreneurship Award from Duke University's Fuqua School of Business. He is additionally a co-recipient of the 2014 Vision Award, presented by Middlebury College's Center for Social Entrepreneurship.
- Social Entrepreneurship: What Everyone Needs to Know, co-authored with Susan Davis
- How to Change the World: Social Entrepreneurs and the Power of New Ideas
- The Price of a Dream: The Story of the Grameen Bank
- How to Change the World: Social Entrepreneurs and the Power of New Ideas, Interview of David Bornstein by Denis Failly
- "FIXES-Opinionator". The New York Times.
- "About | David Bornstein". David Bornstein. Retrieved 14 May 2013.
- "David Bornstein". Huffington Post. Retrieved 14 May 2013.
- Zigner, Gloria (January 2008). "Coalition Advocating Human Security". Orange Coast Magazine. p. 36.
- Vision Award | Center for Social Entrepreneurship. Middlebury.edu (2015-08-13). Retrieved on 2015-08-13.
- Holstein, William J. (February 22, 2004). "Of Globalization And the Greater Good". The New York Times. p. 3/6. Retrieved October 22, 2009.
- Schmeltzer, John (May 6, 1996). "Another look at Third World bank for poor, this time by an outsider". Chicago Tribune. p. Business/3. Retrieved October 22, 2009.
|This article about an American journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|