|Full name||David Braz de Oliveira Filho|
|Date of birth||21 May 1987|
|Place of birth||Guarulhos, Brazil|
|Height||1.87 m (6 ft 1 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back|
|2009–2010||→ Flamengo (loan)||15||(1)|
|2013||→ Vitória (loan)||0||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 21 May 2017.
Born in Guarulhos, São Paulo, David Braz graduated with Palmeiras' youth setup. He made his professional debut on 10 February 2007, in a 1–1 home draw against Bragantino for the Campeonato Paulista championship.
On 19 January 2009 David Braz signed a four-and-a-half year deal with Greek giants Panathinaikos in a free transfer. However, after appearing sparingly he returned to Brazil in January of the following year.
On 21 July 2009 David Braz signed a one-year loan deal with Flamengo. He made his debut on 9 August, starting in a 1–0 home win over Corinthians. In July 2010 Flamengo acquired 60% of his rights, with the player signing a new four-year deal.
On 18 May 2012 David Braz moved to Santos, along with Flamengo teammate Rafael Galhardo, in an exchange for Ibson. He acted mainly as a backup to Edu Dracena and Durval during his first year, appearing in only seven matches.
In January 2013, after being deemed suplus to requirements by manager Muricy Ramalho, David Braz was loaned to Vitória. However, in August he was left out of the first-team squad, later accusing the club of not paying his wages. He eventually returned to Santos in December.
Shortly after his return to Peixe, new manager Oswaldo de Oliveira granted his place in the first-team. Profitting from Dracena and Gustavo Henrique's injuries, he was later first-choice in the end of the 2014 Campeonato Paulista, and remained a starter in Série A.
On 6 September 2014 David Braz scored his first goals for Santos, netting a brace in a 3–1 home win against his former side Vitória. He played his 100th game for the club on 4 October of the following year, starting in a 3–1 home win against Fluminense.
- As of 24 May 2017
|Vitória (loan)||2013||Série A||0||0||—||—||—||8[c]||1||8||1|
- Brazil U20
- Fla acerta contratação do zagueiro David, ex-Palmeiras (Fla completes signing of stopper David, former Palmeiras player); Globo Esporte, 21 July 2009 (Portuguese)
- "David Braz e Rafael Galhardo conversam com a Santos TV" [David Braz and Rafael Galhardo talk with Santos TV] (in Portuguese). Santos' official website. 18 May 2012.
- Sob as bençãos de Caio Junior, David Braz é apresentado no Vitória (Under Caio Junior's blessings, David Braz is presented at Vitória); Globo Esporte, 8 January 2013 (Portuguese)
- Afastado no Vitória, David Braz cobra clube em rede social (Left out at Vitória, David Braz charges club in social media); Terra, 8 August 2013 (Portuguese)
- David Braz 'reaparece' no Santos, e fica no banco contra o Sorocaba (David Braz 'reappears' in Santos, and stays on the bench against Sorocaba); Diário Lance!, 20 February 2014 (Portuguese)
- Com dois gols de David Braz, Santos vence no Pacaembu e afunda Vitória (With two goals of David Braz, Santos wins at Pacaembu and sinks Vitória); Globo Esporte, 6 September 2014 (Portuguese)
- De moeda de troca a líder: David Braz completa 100 jogos pelo Santos (From bargaining chip to leader: David Braz completes 100 games for Santos); Globo Esporte, 4 October 2015 (Portuguese)
- David Braz at Soccerway
- "Finalistas, Palmeiras e Santos dominam a seleção do Paulistão" [Finalists, Palmeiras and Santos dominate Paulistão's team of the year] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. 30 April 2015. Retrieved 30 April 2015.