||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (May 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Brevik at GDC 2016
February 14, 1968 |
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
David Brevik (born February 14, 1968) is a video game designer, producer and programmer known as the co-founder of Blizzard North (back then under the name Condor Inc.), the highly successful video game company behind titles such as the Diablo series.
Following his position as lead technical director at Iguana Entertainment, Brevik left to form Condor / Blizzard North, holding a position as president on the company from September 1993 to 2003. GameSpot named him as 1996's fourth most influential person in computer gaming for his role in the inception and development of Diablo.
Brevik resigned from Blizzard and co-founded Flagship Studios (in 2003) as well as Ping0 (in 2006), a sister company to Flagship Studios. After the company dissolved it was announced that he was appointed new creative director for Turbine and its new West coast studio.
In 2009, David Brevik began at Gazillion Entertainment in San Mateo, California working in the Gargantuan Studio. In 2011, Gargantuan became Secret Identity Studios and David Brevik was named president and chief operating officer of Gazillion Entertainment. He left the company to pursue "other opportunities" on January 6, 2016.
- Craddock 2013, Act I: No Experience Necessary, Chapter 1: Silicon and String Bikinis.
- "Gazillion Entertainment Names Former Blizzard Executive As President and COO.". FreshNews. Retrieved 2011-01-13.
- Futter, Mike (January 8, 2016). "Diablo Creator David Brevik Steps Down As CEO Of Marvel Heroes Studio Gazillion". Game Informer. Retrieved January 9, 2016.
- Craddock, David L. (October 27, 2013). Stay Awhile and Listen: How Two Blizzards Unleashed Diablo and Forged a Video-Game Empire. Digital Monument Press. ISBN 978-0-9884099-0-3. Retrieved September 19, 2015.
- David Brevik at the Internet Movie Database
- Diablo made me do it - 1UP.com interview
- Hellgate: London Interview - StrategyInformer interview
- Diablo 2 Designer Diaries - GameSpot interview
- Lead Creator - Blue's News Turbine expansion
|This video game article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|