David C. Hanna
David C. Hanna FRS
|Awards||Max Born Prize (1993)|
EPS Applied Quantum Electronics Prize (2000)
Charles Hard Townes Medal (2003)
|Fields||laser physics, nonlinear optics|
David Colin Hanna FRS (born 1941) is a British physicist specializing in laser physics and nonlinear optics. He is emeritus professor of physics at the University of Southampton. His research interests include quasi-phase-matched nonlinear materials, optical parametric oscillators, fibre lasers, and X-ray sources based on high harmonic generation.
Hanna was awarded the Max Born Prize in 1993, the European Physical Society Prize for Applied Aspects of Quantum Electronics and Optics in 2000, and the Charles Hard Townes Medal in 2003. Hanna was elected to the Royal Society in 1998.
- Orazio Svelto (1998). Principles of lasers. Translator David C. Hanna. Springer. ISBN 978-0-306-45748-7.
- Date information sourced from Library of Congress Authorities data, via corresponding WorldCat Identities linked authority file (LAF).
- Ferguson, A. I. (1 August 2001). "Honorary Editor's introduction". Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics. IOP Publishing. 34 (16): 34. doi:10.1088/0022-3727/34/16/001. ISSN 0022-3727.
- "David Hanna". Archived from the original on December 21, 2010. Retrieved 9 October 2018.
- "Born medal recipients". Institute of Physics. Retrieved 9 October 2018.
- "QEOD Prizes - EPS Quantum Electronics Prizes". European Physical Society (EPS). 1 August 2018. Retrieved 9 October 2018.
- "Charles Hard Townes Medal". The Optical Society. Retrieved 7 October 2018.
- "David Hanna". Royal Society. 2015. Retrieved 9 October 2018.