David Carter (defensive lineman)
David Carter at UCLA
|No. 71 Chicago Bears|
|Date of birth:||December 10, 1987|
|Place of birth:||Los Angeles, California|
|Height:||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Weight:||300 lb (136 kg)|
|High school:||Fontana (CA) Kaiser|
|NFL draft:||2011 / Round: 6 / Pick: 184|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Stats at NFL.com|
David Carter (born December 10, 1987) is an American football nose tackle with the Chicago Bears of the NFL. He was drafted by the Arizona Cardinals in the sixth round of the 2011 NFL Draft. He played college football at UCLA.
Carter attended Henry J. Kaiser High School in Fontana, California. In his senior season he registered 69 tackles, 7 Sacks and 9 Pass Deflections in 13 games. He was later name for the first-team All-San Bernardino County by the Riverside Press-Enterprise. He was also an All-League selection as a defensive end, and as team captain, lead them to a 10-3 record as a senior. Carter also lettered in Track And Field and was a member of the schools debate team. 
Carter played just three games over his first two years at UCLA, before appearing in all 12 games in the 2008 season. Carter was a co-defensive winner of UCLA's Captain Don Brown Memorial Award for Most Improved Player in 2009 for the Bruins. In his senior season he recorded 41 Total Tackles while collecting 3.5 sacks for the Bruins which propelled him to win the UCLA Kenneth S. Washington Award for Outstanding Senior.
David Carter is also an animal rights activist and a vegan. He advocates for animal rights and vegan athletics on his website.
- "David Carter Biography - UCLA Bruins Official Athletic Site". UCLABruins.com. Retrieved 2015-08-12.
- "David Carter, DT for the Chicago Bears at". Nfl.com. Retrieved 2015-08-12.
- John Oehser (2014-08-24). "CB Mike Harris among 11 players released". Jaguars.com. Retrieved 2015-08-12.
- "Chicago Bears sign DL David Carter, WR AJ Cruz - Chicago Bears Blog - ESPN". Espn.go.com. 2015-07-28. Retrieved 2015-08-12.
- Patrick Finley, 'Bears' David Carter: 300 lbs of veganism," Chicago Sun Times, 4 August 2015.
- The 300 lb Vegan, Carter's official site for promotion of vegan athletics
- Arizona Cardinals bio
- Chicago Bears News Article
- UCLA Bruins football bio