David Carter (defensive lineman)
Carter at a vegan festival in Oakland, 2016
|Born:||December 10, 1987|
Los Angeles, California
|Height:||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Weight:||300 lb (136 kg)|
|High school:||Fontana (CA) Kaiser|
|NFL Draft:||2011 / Round: 6 / Pick: 184|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics|
David Carter (born December 10, 1987) is a former American football defensive end and vegan activist. He was drafted by the Arizona Cardinals in the sixth round of the 2011 NFL Draft. He played college football at UCLA.
Carter attended Henry J. Kaiser High School in Fontana, California. In his senior season, he registered 69 tackles, 7 sacks and 9 pass deflections in 13 games. He was later named for the first-team All-San Bernardino County by the Riverside Press-Enterprise. He was also an All-League selection as a defensive end, and as team captain, lead them to a 10-3 record as a senior. Carter also lettered in Track And Field and was a member of the schools debate team.
Carter played just three games over his first two years at UCLA, before appearing in all 12 games in the 2008 season. Carter was a co-defensive winner of UCLA's Captain Don Brown Memorial Award for Most Improved Player in 2009 for the Bruins. In his senior season, he recorded 41 Total Tackles while collecting 3.5 sacks for the Bruins which propelled him to win the UCLA Kenneth S. Washington Award for Outstanding Senior.
David Carter is a vegan activist. He became vegan in 2014 after watching the documentary Forks Over Knives. He advocates for veganism – mainly from an health point of view, but also for animal rights – at speaking engagements and on his website. He and his wife Paige Carter are on the staff of Vegan Outreach.
- "David Carter Biography - UCLA Bruins Official Athletic Site". UCLABruins.com. Retrieved August 12, 2015.
- "2011 NFL Draft Listing". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved February 26, 2019.
- "David Carter, DT for the Chicago Bears at". Nfl.com. Retrieved August 12, 2015.
- John Oehser (August 24, 2014). "CB Mike Harris among 11 players released". Jaguars.com. Archived from the original on August 26, 2014. Retrieved August 12, 2015.
- "Chicago Bears sign DL David Carter, WR AJ Cruz - Chicago Bears Blog - ESPN". Espn.go.com. July 28, 2015. Retrieved August 12, 2015.
- Mayer, Larry (September 5, 2015). "Bears make cuts to reduce roster to 53". ChicagoBears.com. Archived from the original on September 7, 2015. Retrieved September 19, 2015.
- Finley, Patrick (August 4, 2015). "Bears' David Carter: 300 lbs of veganism". Chicago Sun Times. Retrieved March 18, 2018.
- Wenzlaff, Rachel (September 28, 2016). "NFL veganism? David Carter, Griff Whalen have broken the mold". NFL.com. Retrieved September 28, 2016.
- Aronson, Arielle (March 15, 2016). "Former NFL player believes a vegan diet could help prolong athletes' lives". Fox Sports. Retrieved September 25, 2016.
- Norris, Jack (February 24, 2016). "Vegan Outreach Is Expanding!". Vegan Outreach. Retrieved September 28, 2016.
- Charalambides, Eva (March 15, 2016). "Former NFL player David Carter goes from pigskin to vegan outreach". Ecorazzi. Retrieved March 1, 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to David Carter.|
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: David Carter|