|Education||Campbell College, Belfast|
|Jack Hodgson in Silent Witness (BBC)|
|Height||1.89 m (6 ft 2 1⁄2 in)|
He originally planned to become a teacher before training at LAMDA. He worked as a teacher in France as part of his university course but when he returned to the UK, he found he had “lost the drive for the academic side of things” and found himself getting heavily involved in plays and musicals at the university. He is quoted as saying,
“I found I loved this medium and wanted to look into it more, to see what was out there and what drama school was about. So I did some research and decided to have a go, not really expecting anything to happen. I was naive and did not know how tough it was. I thought I was probably not good enough but something inside me told me I should have a go, so I did.”
Caves ended up being offered places at both LAMDA and Bristol Old Vic, opting for the former because of the lure of London. His training focused on theatre and, prior to his addition to the Silent Witness cast, was known as a stage actor, having impressed as Petruchio in the Royal Shakespeare Company's 2012 touring production of The Taming of the Shrew. He has also starred in Ironclad: Battle for Blood.
In 2014, Caves also featured in the television documentary The Crime Thriller Club. Presented by Bradley Walsh, this documentary was a mix of interviews, film clips and a game show about the detective genre in both film and literature.
Caves was an ambassador for Northern Ireland Hospice. In 2013, he won the Spirit of Tomorrow award at the Belfast Top 40 Under 40 Awards.
- "Jack Hodgson". Silent Witness. BBC One. Retrieved 17 February 2018.
- "Review: Silent Witness, BBC One, Series 16, Episode 1". The Telegraph. 10 January 2013. Retrieved 1 February 2013.
- "General News". The Old Campbellian Society. 2013. Archived from the original on 23 January 2013. Retrieved 3 May 2013.
- Hemley, Matthew (26 January 2013). "Jack of all trades". The Stage. The Stage Media Company Limited. Retrieved 17 February 2018.
- "Features: David Caves". Exeunt Magazine. 13 March 2012. Retrieved 1 February 2013.
- "Ironclad: Battle for Blood". IMDb. 2014. Retrieved 17 February 2018.
- "The Crime Thriller Club: Full Cast & Crew". IMDb. 2013. Retrieved 17 February 2018.
|This article about a British television actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|