David Crane (producer)
August 13, 1957 |
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
|Alma mater||Brandeis University|
|Known for||Friends (television series)
Episodes (television series)
|Parent(s)||Gene & Joan Crane|
Life and career
Crane was born in Philadelphia, the son of veteran WCAU Philadelphia news anchor Gene Crane and his first wife Joan. He is Jewish. He attended Harriton High School in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania, and received his bachelor's degree from Brandeis University.
In 2011, Crane and Klarik created a sitcom called Episodes for the BBC. Airing first in the US on Showtime on Sunday January 9, 2011 and then on BBC Two on Monday January 10, 2011, it features Friends star Matt LeBlanc and Green Wing's Stephen Mangan and Tamsin Greig.
- Episodes, 2011 (writer/producer)
- The Class, 2006 (creator, writer and executive producer)
- Jesse, 1998 (executive producer)
- Veronica's Closet, 1997 (creator, executive producer)
- Friends, 1994 (creator, writer, executive producer)
- Dream On, 1990 (writer/producer)
- Pazornik, Amanda (November 11, 2010). "It's been six years, but they'll always be my Jewish 'Friends'". Jweekly. Retrieved April 29, 2012.
- "Exclusive Interview: David Crane and Jeffrey Klarik, Creators of The Class". BuddyTV.com. November 2, 2006. Retrieved January 26, 2011.
- "Biggest Sunday Ever on Showtime! Shameless, Episodes & Californication to Premiere January 9th". FutonCritic.com. Showtime press release. September 22, 2010. Retrieved January 26, 2011.
- "Press Packs: Episodes". BBC. December 17, 2010. Retrieved January 26, 2011.