David Crosby: Remember My Name
|David Crosby: Remember My Name|
|Directed by||A.J. Eaton|
|Music by||Marcus Eaton|
|Edited by||Elisa Bonora|
|Distributed by||Sony Pictures Classics|
The title is a play on the title of Crosby's 1971 album If I Could Only Remember My Name.
From its premiere at Sundance and subsequent theatrical release, the film garnered very positive reviews with a 98% “Certified Fresh” rating at the review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes. Peter Travers at Rolling Stone called it "one of the best rock docs of all time." Owen Gleiberman at Variety called it "a moving and elegiac rock-nostalgia documentary and that "everything comes full circle, and to the millennials, David Crosby isn't just some boring old hippie — he's more like the Gandalf of Woodstock." Steve Pond of TheWrap wrote, "Think of it as the film version of the final albums made by Leonard Cohen and David Bowie, who made wrenching final statements that they likely knew would be their last." Jordan Ruimy of The Playlist opined, "Eaton and Crowe, no doubt working together closely, compose a beautiful hymnal. It's as if you're hearing a powerful and evocative spiritual of remorse sung right before your very ears and eyes."
- Galuppo, Mia and Siegel, Tatiana (February 28, 2019). "Sundance: Sony Pictures Classics Nabs David Crosby Doc 'Remember My Name'". The Hollywood Reporter.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)
- "David Crosby: Remember My Name". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved July 29, 2019.
- Travers, Peter (July 17, 2019). "'David Crosby: Remember My Name' Review: Laurel Canyon's Lion in Winter". Rolling Stone.
- Gleiberman, Owen (February 1, 2019). "Sundance Film Review: 'David Crosby: Remember My Name'". Daily Variety.
- Pond, Steve (February 4, 2019). "'David Crosby: Remember My Name' Film Review: An Affectionate, Moving Look at the Rocker". TheWrap.
- Ruimy, Jordan (February 8, 2019). "'David Crosby: Remember My Name' Is A Soulful & Intimate Portrait Of Regret [Sundance Review]". The Playlist. Italic or bold markup not allowed in: