David E. Daniel
David Edwin Daniel (born December 20, 1949 in Newport News, Virginia, U.S.) is the current Deputy Chancellor of the University of Texas System. Previously, he was the fourth president of the University of Texas at Dallas where he served from 2005 to 2015. He is also a councillor of National Academy of Engineering.
Daniel received his doctorate in civil engineering from the University of Texas at Austin in 1980, where he also served as a faculty member until 1996 before moving to the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Daniel was Gutgsell Professor of Civil Engineering and Department Head until becoming Dean of the College of Engineering in 2001. He has written numerous books, book chapters, technical and scientific publications, as well as serving as editor-in-chief of the Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering from 1992-1995. Daniel was awarded the prestigious Norman Medal in 1975, the American Society of Civil Engineers' highest honor, and has twice received the Croes Medal . He was elected to the National Academy of Engineering in 2000 and elected to be a Councillor of National Academy of Engineering in 2013.
- Marquis Who's Who on the Web
- "Leadership". Retrieved 2015-08-20.
- see Daniel's CV  for a complete listing
- "President Daniel to Join National Academy of Engineering Council". 2013-06-06. Retrieved 2015-08-20.
1. The University of Texas at Dallas (2009). Biographical Information. In David E. Daniel's Biographical Information: Office of the President. Retrieved August 26, 2009, from http://www.utdallas.edu/president/bio/.
2. The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (2009). Biographical Sketch for David E. Daniel. In Biographical Sketch for David E. Daniel | Engineering at Illinois. Retrieved August 26, 2009, from http://www.engr.uiuc.edu/administration/Bio-data/dedaniel-bio.php.
3. Daniel DE (2008). "Curriculum Vita for David E. Daniel." The University of Texas at Dallas. Retrieved August 26, 2009, from http://www.utdallas.edu/president/documents/daniel-cv.pdf.
4. American Society of Civil Engineers (2016), "Geoenvironmental Engineering: Honoring David E. Daniel", Geo-Chicago 2016, DOI: 10.1061/9780784480175 from http://ascelibrary.org/doi/book/10.1061/9780784480175.
|President of The University of Texas at Dallas
Richard C. Benson