May 30, 1938|
East Liberty, Pennsylvania, United States
March 23, 2013 (aged 74)|
Clearwater, Florida, United States
David L. Early (May 30, 1938 – March 23, 2013) was an American actor and teacher, best known for his work on various television series, motion pictures, and theater.
Life and career
Born in the Pittsburgh suburb of East Liberty, Early graduated from Peabody High School and served in the U.S. Navy and Merchant Marine, before earning a bachelor of science degree in elementary education in 1971 from the University of Pittsburgh.
In 1978, after a few years working in theater, he made his on-camera debut on Dawn of the Dead. Although he had some guest spots on TV shows such as Quincy, M.E., Tales from the Darkside, and The West Wing, Early had always been known for cult classic films like Creepshow and The Silence of the Lambs.
Aside from acting, Early had also taught acting and worked on plays and short stories.
Early died of cancer at his daughter's home in Clearwater, Florida. He was 74 years old.
- Dawn of the Dead (1978) - Mr. Berman
- Knightriders (1981) - Bleoboris
- Creepshow (1982) - White (segment "They're Creeping Up On You")
- The Prince of Pennsylvania (1988) - Deputy #2
- Monkey Shines (1988) - Anesthetist
- The Silence of the Lambs (1991) - Spooked Memphis Cop
- Passed Away (1992) - Councilman Chaney
- Innocent Blood (1992) - Reporter #2
- The Dark Half (1993) - Officer #2
- Double Dragon (1994) - Security Man
- Houseguest (1995) - Security Guard
- The Korean (2008) - Captain Milcoy
- Zack and Miri Make a Porno (2008) - Auditioner
- Sonny Days (2012) - Wendell
- One for the Money (2012) - Carmen's Neighbor
- Zombie Mutation (2012) - News Reporter (final film role)
- Mister Rogers' Neighborhood (1979, 1 episode) - Himself
- Quincy, M.E. (1981, 1 episode) - Assistant Director
- Tales from the Darkside (1985, 1 episode) - Telephone Caller
- Alone in the Neon Jungle (1988, Movie) - Duke
- No Place Like Home (1989, Movie) - Crack Addict
- Bump in the Night (1991, TV Movie) - Salesman
- The 10 Million Dollar Getaway (1991, TV Movie) - Cargo Clerk
- Citizen Cohn (1992, TV Movie) - Chauffeur
- The West Wing (2002, 1 episode) - Bartender
- The Dead Will Walk (2004) - Himself
- Blood on the Land: The Making of a King (2004) - Himself
- Just Desserts: The Making of Creepshow (2007) - Himself
- "Obituary: David Early / Longtime Pittsburgh actor on stage, screen – Pittsburgh Post-Gazette". Post-gazette.com. 2013-03-27. Retrieved 2013-04-01.