|Born||David Ferris Ellison
January 9, 1983
Santa Clara County, California, U.S.
|Occupation||Founder & CEO, Skydance Productions, film producer|
|Spouse(s)||Sandra Lynn Modic (m. 2011)|
|Family||Megan Ellison (sister)|
Early life and education
David Ellison was born in Santa Clara County, California. He is the son of billionaire Oracle Corporation CEO Larry Ellison, and his ex-wife, Barbara Boothe Ellison. He has one sister, film producer Megan Ellison. He dropped out of the University of Southern California in 2005.
Ellison is the CEO and founder of Skydance Productions. In 2010, Skydance raised $350 million to co-finance and co-produce movies with Paramount Pictures. He produced the 2015 film, Terminator Genisys. He will produce, with his Skydance Productions, a film adaptation of the Dark Horse comic The Strange Case of Hyde.
Ellison was named to Variety's Dealmaker list for 2010 and the Forbes 30 Under 30 list in 2011. As an actor, Ellison has performed in the films Flyboys, Little Fish, Strange Pond and Hole in One.
In 2014, Ellison launched a new line of men's clothing, called the "LANAI Collection."
Ellison is an aerobatic, fixed-wing, multi-engine and helicopter licensed commercial pilot with instrument ratings. In 2003, aged 20, he was selected to perform as part of the "Stars of Tomorrow" aerobatic team at EAA AirVenture Oshkosh.
|2010||True Grit||Joel and Ethan Coen||Executive producer|
|2011||Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol||Brad Bird||Executive producer|
|2012||The Guilt Trip||Anne Fletcher||Executive producer|
|Jack Reacher||Christopher McQuarrie||Executive producer|
|2013||G.I. Joe: Retaliation||Jon M. Chu||Executive producer|
|Star Trek Into Darkness||J. J. Abrams||Executive producer|
|World War Z||Marc Forster||Executive producer|
|2014||Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit||Kenneth Branagh||Executive producer|
|2015||Terminator Genisys||Alan Taylor||Producer|
|Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation||Christopher McQuarrie||Producer|
|TBA||Star Blazers||Christopher McQuarrie|
- "California Births, 1905-1995". Family Tree Legends.
- Matthew Symonds, Larry Ellison. Software: An Intimate Portrait of Larry Ellison and Oracle Simon and Schuster, 2004. pp332-333
- Claudia Eller (August 16, 2010). "David Ellison raises $350 million to co-fund movies with Paramount". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved December 28, 2010.
- Terminator Genisys
- SD Comic-Con '10: Dark Horse Spins New Jekyll and 'Hyde' Tale
- Lowry, Tom. "Paramount-Skydance deal: Dealmakers Impact Report 2010", Variety.com, 9 December 2010.
- Dorothy Pomerantz, Michael K. Ozanian and David M. Ewalt. "Forbes 30 Under 30", "Forbes.com", December 19, 2011.
- Bort, Julie (December 4, 2014). "Larry Ellison's Son Launches A Clothing Line Inspired By His Dad's Hawaiian Island". Business Insider. Retrieved December 7, 2014.
- EAA News; accessed October 26, 2015.
- Chris McQuarrie To Direct ‘Star Blazers’ From ’70s Sci-Fi Anime Series For Skydance