David Epstein (journalist)
|Alma mater||Columbia University|
David Epstein is an investigative reporter at ProPublica. He is the author of 2 books: Range: Why Generalists Triumph in a Specialized World (2019), a #1 New York Times best seller; and The Sports Gene: Inside the Science of Extraordinary Athletic Performance (2013), a New York Times best seller.
Prior to ProPublica, Epstein was a senior writer at Sports Illustrated, where he specialised in science issues in sports and investigative reporting. With his colleague Selena Roberts, Epstein broke the story that the Yankees' Alex Rodriguez tested positive for steroids in 2003.
- The Sports Gene: Inside the Science of Extraordinary Athletic Performance. New York. ISBN 9781591845119. OCLC 836557840.
- Range: Why Generalists Triumph in a Specialized World. New York. ISBN 9780735214484. OCLC 1050962413.
- "Sports and Fitness Books - Best Sellers - The New York Times". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2020-02-29.
- "David Epstein: Archive and Biography". SportsIllustrated.CNN.com. Archived from the original on 2012-05-03.
- Roberts, Selena; Epstein, David (2009-02-07). "Sources tell SI Alex Rodriguez tested positive for steroids in 2003". Sports Illustrated.