David Evans (mathematician and engineer)
|Alma mater||University Of Sydney, Stanford|
David Evans is an Australian mathematician and engineer.
From 1999 to 2005 Evans worked in the Australian Greenhouse Office. There he contributed to the development of FullCam, a fully integrated carbon accounting model for estimating and predicting all biomass, litter and soil carbon pools in forest and agricultural systems for the Australian government. (FullCam, part of Australia's National Carbon Accounting System, received a Special Achievement in GIS award at the 2010 ESRI International User Conference).
He established Goldnerds, an information service for gold investors. He also serves on the Board of Advisors for the Committee for a Constructive Tomorrow, a group founded to promote a "positive voice on environment and development issues". The Committee rejects the consensus of the scientific community on global warming as "alarmist", and Evans has moved from what he calls a "warmist" to a "skeptic" position.
- Summary Speech on Global Warming, 2011 http://sciencespeak.com/rally.pdf
- David Evans (18 July 2008). "No smoking hot spot". The Australian (News Limited). Retrieved 28 September 2012.
- ABC TV Drum Contributor Profile http://www.abc.net.au/unleashed/david-evans-28640.html
- 2010 ESRI SAG Award Winner http://events.esri.com/uc/2010/sag/list/?fa=Detail&SID=1171
- CFACT Board of Advisors http://www.cfact.org/about/cfact-board-of-advisors/
- http://www.cfact.org/about/ CFACT About