David F. Bjorklund
David Fredrick Bjorklund (born June 13, 1949) is an American professor of psychology at Florida Atlantic University. His areas of research interest include cognitive development and evolutionary developmental psychology. His works include authoring several books and over 130 scientific papers. He is editor of the peer-reviewed Journal of Experimental Child Psychology.
Bjorklund was born in Worcester, Massachusetts. He received a Ph.D., 1976 from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in Developmental psychology. In addition to his professorship at FAU, he has been visiting professor at Max Planck Institute for Psychological Research, Munich, Germany; University of Georgia, and Emory University.
- Children's Thinking: Cognitive Development and Individual Differences, now in its fifth edition
- Why Youth is Not Wasted on the Young: Immaturity in Human Development
- with Barbara R. Bjorklund (1991). Looking at Children: An Introduction to Child Development. Brooks/Cole Pub Co. ISBN 978-0534137045.
- with Barbara Bjorklund, Parents Book of Discipline
- with Anthony Pellegrini, Applied Child Study
- Bjorklund, D.F.; Pellegrini, A.D. (2002). The Origins of Human Nature: Evolutionary Developmental Psychology. Washington, D.C.: American Psychological Association.
- (ed.) Children's Strategies: Contemporary Views of Cognitive Development,
- (ed.) False-Memory Creation in Children and Adults: Theory, Research, and Implications
- (ed., with Bruce Ellis) Origins of the Social Mind: Evolutionary Psychology and Child Development, (in press)
- Contemporary Authors: A bio-bibliographical guide (2010). Detroit: Gale, Cengage Learning.
- Massachusetts, Birth Index, 1860-1970
- The subtitle used to be Developmental Function and Individual Differences for the previous editions
|This developmental psychology–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a psychologist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|