David Fitzgerald (author)
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (December 2010)|
David Fitzgerald at Sexy Secular, October 2014
26 December 1964|
David Fitzgerald is an American author, public speaker, and atheist activist.
Fitzgerald serves on the boards of the San Francisco Atheists and the San Francisco branch of the Center for Inquiry. He is also the director and founder of the first Atheist Film Festival, as well as San Francisco's oldest Darwin Day celebration, Evolutionpalooza.
Fitzgerald lectures across the nation at secular events and universities. He is best known for his multimedia presentations "The Ten Thousand Christs and the Evaporating Jesus" as well as "The Complete Heretic's Guide to Western Religion". In November 2010 he presented his research at Skepticon 3 in a presentation titled Examining the Existence of a Historical Jesus.
Fitzgerald entered the non-fiction arena with his self-published book Nailed: Ten Christian Myths That Show Jesus Never Existed At All. Nailed details what he presents as ten myths surrounding Jesus and aims to show evidence that "Jesus may have been a figure of legend".
- Who We Are - San Francisco Atheists
- David Fitzgerald, Center for Inquiry
- David Fitzgerald, Secular Student Alliance
- Fitzgerald, David. "Skepticon 3". Existence of a Historical Jesus. Retrieved 25 October 2011.
- Fitzgerald, David. Nailed: Ten Christian Myths That Show Jesus Never Existed at All. Lulu, 2010. ISBN 978-0-557-70991-5