|Birth name||David Frangiosa|
|Also known as||David Franciosa|
23 September 1975 |
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
|Genres||Pop, pop rock|
|Labels||Shock, Standard Publishing|
David Franj (born 23 September 1975) is the performance name of David Frangiosa (also seen as David Franciosa), who is an Australian singer-songwriter. Franj had three hit singles on the ARIA Singles Chart top 40: "Oxygen" (March 2002), "Never Be Amazing" (August) and "God Only Knows" (February 2003). All appeared on his debut album, Wrong Place, Wrong Time (March 2003), which reached the ARIA Albums Chart top 60.
He co-wrote the song "Perfect" (April 2008) with its performer, Vanessa Amorosi, which reached No. 4 on the ARIA Charts and was certified platinum. It was nominated as the Most Played Australian Work at the APRA Music Awards of 2009.
Some of David's other prominent co-writes include the song "All on your own" with Rick Price, which features on the "Best of Rick Price" (Sony records), and the Jon Stevens performed single "Just a man" from his album "Changing times" (Universal music).
Franj's first single, "Oxygen", was released to radio in early 2002 and peaked at No. 25 on the ARIA Singles Chart in April. It was followed by "Never Be Amazing", which reached the Top 40 in August. His third single, "God Only Knows", also reached the top 40, in February 2003. His debut album, Wrong Place, Wrong Time, reached No. 53 on the ARIA Albums Chart.
Vanessa Amorosi released "Perfect" in April 2008, the second single from her second studio album, Somewhere in the Real World. It was co-written by Franj with Amorosi and peaked at No. 4. By the end of that year it was certified platinum for shipment of 70,000 units. At the APRA Music Awards of 2009 "Perfect" was nominated for Most Played Australian Work. The single has also recently been given the illustrious title of Most Played Song on Radio by an Australian artist in the past decade (114 weeks on 29 June 2011), an accolade only beaten internationally by two other artists – Coldplay and Kings of Leon.
- "'Oxygen' at APRA search engine". Australasian Performing Right Association (APRA). Retrieved 11 July 2015. Note: User may have to click 'Search again' and provide details at 'Enter a title:' e.g Oxygen; or at 'Performer:' David Franj
- Hung, Steffen. "Discography David Franj". Australian Charts Portal. Hung Medien (Steffen Hung). Retrieved 11 July 2015.
- Zuel, Bernard (18 May 2002). "A tale of two pretties". The Sydney Morning Herald (Fairfax Media). Retrieved 11 July 2015.
- "The ARIA Report" (PDF) (683). Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA). 24 March 2003. pp. 2, 5–6, 8, 10, 13, 18. Archived from the original (PDF) on 7 April 2003. Retrieved 11 July 2015.
- Hung, Steffen. "Vanessa Amorosi – 'Perfect'". Australian Charts Portal. Hung Medien (Steffen Hung). Retrieved 11 July 2015. Note: Gives songwriters as Vanessa Amorosi and David Franciosa.
- "Most Played Australian Work". Australasian Performing Right Association (APRA). Retrieved 11 July 2015. Note: Gives songwriters as Vanessa Amorosi and David Frangiosa.
- "ARIA Charts – Accreditations – 2008 Singles". Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA). Retrieved 11 July 2015.