David Garibaldi (artist)
David Michael Garibaldi (born December 15, 1982) is an American performance painter. His specialty is his "Rhythm and Hue" stage act in which he rapidly creates paintings of notable rock musicians.
Garibaldi was born in Los Angeles, California. He attended Sheldon High School in Northern California, where he later dropped out and didn't graduate. In July 2006 he was invited to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and Museum in Cleveland, Ohio, where he painted a portrait of Mick Jagger. In September 2008 he was the opening act for Blue Man Group's tour in Canada and the United States. He has also opened for Snoop Dogg. During the halftime of a Golden State Warriors basketball game in November 2007, Garibaldi painted Carlos Santana, after which the musician unexpectedly greeted Garibaldi and later signed the creation. On April 11, 2009, he appeared on The 700 Club and painted a portrait of Jesus. On July 29, 2010, he painted his first self-portrait during a benefit performance at the 11th Annual Sacramento Film and Music Festival at the Crest Theatre, following the world premiere of Walking Dreams, a documentary about his work directed by Chad Ross. On April 20, 2012, Garibaldi painted Jeremy Lin during halftime of the New York Knicks game.
On February 17, 2017, Garibaldi was invited by Matthew Patrick (MatPat) to guest-star on GTLive on YouTube. Garibaldi created several paintings which were given to lucky raffle winners watching the stream.
- "David Garibaldi". Californiabirthindex.org.
- Donnelly, Pat (2008-09-26). "Blue Man Group at the Bell Centre: Performance Art gone Arena Show". The Gazette. Montreal. Archived from the original on 2008-11-04. Retrieved 2009-02-26.
- "Warriors Santana Art Auction". NBA. November 2007. Retrieved 2008-09-22.
- "David Girabaldi: Portrait of Christ - CBN TV - Video". Cbn.com. Retrieved 2012-10-15.
- "Sacramento Film & Music Festival". Sacfilm.com. Archived from the original on 2013-05-14. Retrieved 2012-10-15.
- "Interview with the artist". Youtube.com. 2009-08-18. Retrieved 2012-10-15.
- Garibaldi Opening For Kiss On Tour – Garibaldi – World-renowned Performance Painter
- Official website
- Picture of Jeremy Lin
- Cook, Ashley (5 September 2008). "Artist inspires with music and paint". Temecula Valley News. Retrieved 2008-09-22.[dead link]
- "Artist Update". Art Business News. 23 January 2008. Retrieved 2008-09-22.[dead link]
|This article about a painter from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|