David George McQueen
He was born in Kirkwall, Scotland, UK in 1854, and moved to Edmonton in 1887 upon graduation from Knox College, University of Toronto, and served for 43 years as minister at First Presbyterian Church. He also played a role in the founding of several other Edmonton area congregations.
His life is chronicled in the book McQueen of Edmonton by E.A. Corbett.
- http://search.canadiana.ca/view/alouette.GM.ND-3-5908[dead link]
- "University of Alberta: Honorary Degree Recipients (1910-1919)".
- Edwards, Our Quarrel with the Foe, p. 51
- The neighbourhood description in the City of Edmonton map utility mentions naming of the neighbourhood for a Rev. G. D. McQueen who arrived in Edmonton in 1887. The article on Edmonton's First Presbyterian Church mentions a Reverend David George McQueen, who arrived in Edmonton in 1887 and who was minister of the church for 43 years, and is the same person.
- "Mount McQueen". PeakFinder.com. Retrieved 2020-01-05.