This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||Leixlip, County Kildare, Ireland|
|Labels||Belly Up & Decal|
|Associated acts||Bell X1 & Join Me in the Pines|
David Geraghty (born 30 September 1975 in Leixlip, County Kildare, Ireland is a 5 time Choice Music Prize-nominated artist. He is a member of Irish band Bell X1, releases solo albums (see Join Me in the Pines) and also composes scores for Film & TV (see website HERE).
- Geraghty started off in a number of bands in his home town of Leixlip and went on to teach himself how to play a number of instruments (i.e. drums, guitar, banjo, harmonica, piano), and to begin honing the art of recording.
- He later became a member of the group Juniper along with Paul Noonan and Damien Rice, Dominic Phillips and Brian Crosby.
Damien Rice left Juniper to pursue a solo career. The remaining members reformed as Bell X1, named after the Bell X-1 (note the hyphen), the first plane to break the sound barrier. Drummer Paul Noonan became the band's new frontman.
- Geraghty and band have achieved major success in their native Ireland and in other European countries.
Due to extensive touring since 2007, the band have become increasingly popular in North America too.
Bell X1 released "Chop Chop" in summer 2013, an album which sees David back behind the drum kit! The track 'Diorama' on which Geraghty re-assumes lead vocal, was used as part of the film soundtrack to "There's always Woodstock".
- Still a member of Bell X1, but under his own name, Geraghty released his solo debut album Kill Your Darlings on 7 September 2007.
- His debut earned him a nomination for the Choice Music Prize and two Meteor award nominations (Best Album and Best Male).
- In November 2007 he headlined the 2fm 2moro 2our.
- On 28 August 2009, Geraghty released his second solo album 'The Victory Dance'.
- The release of the album coincided with a nationwide tour which began with a live performance at Electric Picnic in Stradbally, Co. Laois. The tour also consisted of dates in Cork, Galway, Limerick, Louth and Dublin. ·
- In 2014 Geraghty released his third Solo album "INHERIT". This time under the moniker "JOIN ME IN THE PINES". ·
- He recently returned to his hometown of Leixlip to perform a song from "INHERIT" as part of the TV series "Jingle Jangle" which is to be aired on TV3 in Autumn 2017.
- David is currently working on a new Join Me in the Pines album in his home studio "The Numbers Station".
Film & TV Score
In the last few years David has been composing music for TV and Film.
2011 - The Oscar nominated short film "The Crush".
2015 - "You're Ugly Too" (feature-length film starring Aidan Gillen).
2015 - "They Shoot People" (short)
2016 - "Trial of the Century" a three-part series for TV3.
2017 - "Kevin Roche - The Quiet Architect" (feature-length Film) - Releasing late 2017.
- David Geraghty - Kill Your Darlings (2007)
- David Geraghty - The Victory Dance (2009)
- Join Me in the Pines - Inherit (2014)