|Occupation||Blues rock musician|
David Gerald is an American blues rock musician.
Born in 1968, David Gerald is a native of Detroit, Michigan, where his parents moved from their home in Mississippi during the mid-1950s. He began playing the guitar at the age of fifteen, first learning Rock music before taking on the Blues, on repaired guitars he received from a neighbor.
While mainly a guitarist, Gerald also plays the drums, bass, and keyboards. He travels and tours as the front man of his eponymous David Gerald Band. He released his first album Hell and Back in 2009, which reached the number one position on the Roots Music Report's Blues Chart, staying in the top twenty for several weeks. He also reached the #1 on the ReverbNation Michigan blues charts, and the album received national radio play. The album contains ten tracks, including five originals and five live covers.
In April 2018, he then released his second album, N2U. Gerald performs guitar, bass and drums on all the studio recordings, the album also featured Ronald Thieleman on bass and Geoff Kinde on drums on the live cover recordings of "Hug You Squeeze You" and "Willie the Wimp".
- GRAFF, GARY. "The Upbeat: David Gerald". The Oakland Press.
- "Living Blues LB#256 Page 59". Living Blues.
- "David Gerald, the Man Who Lives the Blues". www.searchamelia.com.
- DPA, Special to The. "David Gerald Blues Band returns to Black Box Concert Series this Friday". Daily Post Athenian.
- "Far from Mississippi, Gerald still finds home in blues". Journa Courier. 16 June 2016.
- Democrat, Future Brown Herald. "Blues guitarist to rock Heritage Park stage". Herald Democrat.
- "The David Gerald Band - Milwaukee Magazine". The Milwaukee Magazine.
- "David Gerald - "Hell and Back"". Sound Guardian. 25 January 2010.
- "DC Bebop - David Gerald". www.dcbebop.com.
- ""Blues Soul Rocker"- David Gerald Band - The Heyde Center for the Arts". volumeone.org.
- Editor, Mary Sincell McEwen A&E. "David Gerald is up next in Little Yough Fest". WV News.
- Writer, Tami Mosser Staff. "A unique partnership keeps Wooster Arts Jazz Fest going". The Dispatch.
- "David Gerald Band playing the blues at Arts Center in Athens, Tenn". Chattanooga Now.
- "Recensie: David Gerald - N2u". www.bluesmagazine.nl. Blues Magazine.
- "Summer Concert Series in Ripon-David Gerald – Hometown Broadcasting". hometownbroadcasting.com.