David Gilmour Live 1984
This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Pink Floyd's David Gilmour|
|Recorded||Hammersmith Odeon, London, England, 30 April 1984|
|David Gilmour video chronology|
Pink Floyd's David Gilmour or simply David Gilmour is a film by David Gilmour from his 1984 tour from the album About Face for Europe. The film is mainly a concert performance from The Hammersmith Odeon in London in April 1984. It also features promotional clips. Lastly, a documentary called After The Floyd which followed Gilmour on the 1984 solo tour and includes interviews with David on tour buses (the bus driver referred to David as ex-guitarist of Pink Floyd) and in hotel rooms. Also included is more live footage of concerts and soundchecks in Europe. It is now out of production.
The VHS was not released in Europe, apparently due to "lack of commercial interest". This concert footage is now to be found on DVD, released by Crime Crow Productions. The DVD, however, does not contain the extra footage that could be found on the VHS.
Similarly, Sony Music has shown little interest in releasing the title on DVD in the US, possibly due to the age of the concert as well as Gilmour's own dislike of About Face as an album.
David Gilmour In Concert (Hammersmith Odeon, 30 April 1984)
- "Until We Sleep" (David Gilmour)
- "All Lovers Are Deranged" (Gilmour, Pete Townshend)
- "There's No Way Out of Here" (Ken Baker)
- "Short and Sweet" (Gilmour, Roy Harper)
- "Run Like Hell" (Gilmour, Roger Waters)
- "Out of the Blue" (Gilmour)
- "Blue Light" (Gilmour)
- "Murder" (Gilmour)
- "Comfortably Numb" (Gilmour, Waters)
- "Blue Light"
- "All Lovers Are Deranged"
- After The Floyd
- David Gilmour: Guitars, vocals.
- Mick Ralphs: Guitars, vocals.
- Mickey Feat: Bass Guitar, vocals.
- Raff Ravenscroft: Saxophones, keyboards, percussion.
- Gregg Dechert: Keyboards, vocals.
- Chris Slade: Drums, Percussion.
- Jody Linscott: Percussion.
- Roy Harper: Vocals on "Short and Sweet" and percussion on "Comfortably Numb".
- Nick Mason: Drums on "Comfortably Numb".