David Goldblatt (writer)
Dr. David Goldblatt
David Steven Goldblatt
26 September 1965
|Known for||Sports journalism|
David Goldblatt (born 26 September 1965, London) is a sports writer, broadcaster, sociologist, journalist and author. Among his books are The Games: A Global History of the Olympics, The Game of Our Lives: The Meaning and Making of English Football, Futebol Nation: A Footballing History of Brazil, and The Ball Is Round: A Global History of Football (described as the "seminal football history" by Simon Kuper).
Goldblatt taught sociology of sport at Bristol University and Pitzer College. He was initially a medical student but later studied for a sociology degree.
Goldblatt has written for the Guardian, the Observer, The Times Literary Supplement, the Financial Times and The Independent on Sunday, as well as magazines New Statesman, New Left Review and Prospect. Recently he has been a contributor to Howler as well as a guest for the magazine's podcast outlet, "Dummy".
- The Games: A Global History of the Olympics. W. W. Norton & Company, 2016. (ISBN 978-0-393-29277-0)
- The Ball is Round: A Global History of Football (ISBN 978-1594482960)
- The Football Book (ISBN 978-1405360586)
- The Game of Our Lives (ISBN 978-0241955260)
- Futebol Nation: The Story of Brazil through Soccer (ISBN 978-1568584676)
- Kuper, Simon (9 January 2010). "Africans may find the Cup of Nations not English enough". Financial Times. Retrieved 11 February 2014.
- "David Goldblatt profile at theRSA". thersa.org. Archived from the original on 23 October 2013. Retrieved 22 October 2013.
- "Life in the perfect world". Open University. Retrieved 22 October 2013.
- "The Power and the Passion". BBC. 2010. Retrieved 22 October 2013.
- "David Goldblatt". thersa.org. Archived from the original on 23 October 2013. Retrieved 11 February 2014.
- "David Goldblatt profile". The Guardian. Retrieved 11 February 2014.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20160206181818/https://www.penguin.co.uk/search/?_charset_=UTF-8&q=David+goldblatt+. Archived from the original on 6 February 2016. Retrieved 6 February 2016. Missing or empty
- Goldblatt, David. "England is Paradise? The Meaning and Making of English Football 1985-2014 - The New School". YouTube. YouTube. Retrieved 5 December 2014.