The Reverend David Granfield (April 11, 1922 - July 31, 2010) was a Roman Catholic priest in the Order of Saint Benedict, associated with Saint Anselm's Abbey in Washington, DC, and a Professor Emeritus at The Catholic University of America's Columbus School of Law in Washington, DC. He is most well known as a canon lawyer for his exposition of the Catholic Church’s view on abortion. His text on the inner experience of law continues to be a resource at many law schools.
He received the following degrees:A.B., 1944, College of the Holy Cross, LL.B., 1947, Harvard University, M.A., 1953, S.T.D., 1962, The Catholic University of America. He was a Professor at the Columbus School of Law from 1960 – 1995.
- Domestic Relations. New York: Foundation Press, 1963. (with Philip A. Ryan)
- The Abortion Decision. New York: Doubleday, 1969.
- The Inner Experience of Law: A Jurisprudence of Subjectivity. Washington, D.C.: Catholic University of America Press, 1988.
- Heightened Consciousness: The Mystical Difference. New York: Paulist Press, 1991. ISBN 0-8091-3174-9
"Jurors, Jury Charges and Insanity." Catholic University Law Review 14 (January 1965): 1 (with Richard Arens and Jackwell Susman)
- David Granfield. Heightened Consciousness: The Mystical Difference. New York: Paulist Press, 1991. ISBN 0-8091-3174-9
- David Granfield. The Inner Experience of Law: A Jurisprudence of Subjectivity. Washington, D.C.: Catholic University of America Press, 1988. ISBN 0-8132-0657-X ISBN 978-0-8132-0657-8
- Patrick Granfield: A Biographical Essay, by David Granfield, in The Gift of the Church: a textbook on ecclesiology. Peter C. Phan, editor. Collegeville: Liturgical Press, 2000. ISBN 978-0-8146-5931-1
- Google cache of BOOK REVIEW: A Brief, Liberal, Catholic Defense of Abortion