David Greenaway (economist)
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Sir David Greenaway DL (born 20 March 1952, Glasgow) is a British economist. He is professor of economics and was previously the Vice-Chancellor of the University of Nottingham, having succeeded Sir Colin Campbell on 1 October 2008. In September 2016 he announced his decision to retire, and stepped down at the end of September 2017 with Shearer West succeeding Greenaway.
Education and career
After undergraduate and graduate studies at what is now Liverpool John Moores University and the University of Liverpool respectively, he was a lecturer at what is now De Montfort University and later a professor at the University of Buckingham, before joining the University of Nottingham in 1987. From 2004 to 2008 he was a University Pro-Vice-Chancellor, having previously held this position between 1994 and 2001. He was also Dean of the Faculty of Law and Social Sciences between 1991 and 1994. Professor Greenaway's current public duties include the following:
- Deputy Lord Lieutenant of Nottinghamshire
- Chairman of the Armed Forces Pay Review Body from 2004 until 2010, and a Member since 1998, which advises the Prime Minister and Secretary of State for Defence annually on the pay and conditions of the UK Armed Forces
- Member of the Senior Salaries Review Body from 2004 until 2010, which advises the Prime Minister on the remuneration of the senior civil service, judiciary and senior military
- Member of the UK Government’s Asia Task Force
- Chair of the Shape of Training review for the General Medical Council, published in 2013.
He also provides advice to a range of Government Departments, which has included a report on Uninsured Driving in the UK for the previous Labour government Secretary of State for Transport  Greenaway is also the director of the Leverhulme Centre for Research on Globalisation and Economic Policy, which he helped establish in 1998.
- University of Nottingham Press Release: Professor David Greenaway to succeed Sir Colin Campbell as Vice-Chancellor
- "Vice Chancellor Biography". University of Nottingham. Retrieved 5 July 2013.
- "Chair of the review: Professor David Greenaway". Shape of Training Review. 2013. Retrieved 2013-10-29.
- "No. 60895". The London Gazette (Supplement). 14 June 2014. p. b2.
- "2014 Birthday Honours List"" (PDF). Retrieved 2014-06-14.
- "Vice Chancellor Profile". Retrieved 2013-07-05.
Colin Campbell (academic)
|Vice-Chancellor of the University of Nottingham
1 October 2008 — 30 September 2017