Guzmán with Saprissa in 2016
|Full name||David Alberto Guzmán Pérez|
|Date of birth||18 February 1990|
|Place of birth||San José, Costa Rica|
|Height||1.76 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Playing position||Defensive Midfielder|
|2009||Costa Rica U20||7||(1)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 6 March 2018|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 27 June 2018
He made his debut for Saprissa in 2009 and stayed with the club for 7 years. On 22 December 2016, he joined MLS team Portland Timbers.
Guzmán played at the 2007 FIFA U-17 World Cup and in the 2009 FIFA U-20 World Cup, where the Costa Rica national under-20 football team, came 4th after losing to Hungary in the match for the 3rd place.
He made his senior debut for Costa Rica in an October 2010 friendly match against Peru and has, as of May 2014, earned a total of 9 caps, scoring no goals. He represented his country at the 2011 Copa América and was a non-playing squad member at the 2011 CONCACAF Gold Cup.
- As of 27 June 2018
- "2018 FIFA World Cup Russia – List of Players" (PDF). FIFA.com. Fédération Internationale de Football Association. 4 June 2018. Retrieved 19 June 2018.
- "David Guzmán a la Tricolor". La Nación. 19 May 2010. Retrieved 27 May 2011.
- David Guzmán – FIFA competition record
- Copa América 2011 - RSSSF
- CONCACAF Championship, Gold Cup 2011 - Full Details - RSSSF
- "David Guzmán". National Football Teams. Benjamin Strack-Zimmerman. Retrieved 24 June 2018.
|This Costa Rican biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|