David Liam Barr Gyngell
1966 (age 52–53)
|Spouse(s)||Leila McKinnon (2004–present)|
|Relatives||Bruce Gyngell (father)|
Gyngell was the CEO of the Nine Network before resigning in May 2005. After a period of declining ratings compared to Channel Seven, he returned to the job in September 2007, succeeding Eddie McGuire. In November 2013, he was appointed as the CEO of Nine Entertainment Co. He resigned as CEO in 2015, and was replaced by Hugh Marks.
Gyngell is the son of Australian television pioneer Bruce Gyngell and the best man and former flatmate of James Packer, whom he first met at Cranbrook School, the former owner of the Nine Network. In 2004, he married journalist and presenter Leila McKinnon. Gyngell's second cousin is Kym Gyngell.
In May 2014, Gyngell was involved in a public brawl with Packer at Bondi Beach. A spokesperson for Gyngell subsequently released a statement saying "he was the instigator of the incident. Clearly, had he not turned up at Packer's premises in an angry mood then the confrontation would never have occurred". Gyngell and Packer were both fined $500 for offensive behaviour over the incident. 
- Chessell, James (20 May 2011). "Dave Gyngell is the man who likes to watch". The Australian. Archived from the original on 20 May 2011. Retrieved 20 May 2011.
- Whalley, Jeff (4 November 2013). "$2b Nine Entertainment float will make CEO David Gyngell a rich man". Herald Sun. News Ltd. Retrieved 7 May 2014.
- "Gyngell resigns from Nine". The Age. 9 May 2005. Archived from the original on 20 May 2011. Retrieved 20 May 2011.
- It's straight to work as Gyngell flies in
- Meade, Amanda (9 November 2015). "David Gyngell steps down as Nine chief, to be replaced by Hugh Marks". The Guardian. Retrieved 9 November 2015.
- Berry, Sean; Browne, Rachel (12 December 2004). "Dressed to the Nines for Leila's wedding at Beach". The Sun-Herald. Archived from the original on 20 May 2011. Retrieved 20 May 2011.
- Heffernan, Madeleine (6 May 2014). "High price for James Packer v David Gyngell street brawl photos". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 6 May 2014.
- "Exclusive photos: James Packer, Nine CEO David Gyngell in street brawl". news.com.au. 5 May 2014. Retrieved 6 May 2014.
- Bodey, Michael (6 May 2014). "Watch video of James Packer, David Gyngell fight on Bondi street". The Australian. Retrieved 6 May 2014.
- Ferguson, Sarah (5 May 2014). "Behind the punch-up between James Packer and David Gyngell". 7.30. Retrieved 6 May 2014.