David H. Leroy
|36th Lieutenant Governor of Idaho|
January 3, 1983 – January 5, 1987
|Governor||John V. Evans|
|Preceded by||Phil Batt|
|Succeeded by||Butch Otter|
|28th Attorney General of Idaho|
January 1, 1979 – January 3, 1983
|Governor||John V. Evans|
|Preceded by||Wayne Kidwell|
|Succeeded by||Jim Jones|
|Born||August 16, 1947|
Seattle, Washington, U.S.
|Education||University of Idaho (BS, JD)|
New York University (LLM)
|Website||Official website, |
David H. "Dave" Leroy (born August 16, 1947) is a past Lieutenant Governor and Attorney General of Idaho.
He served as the 36th Lieutenant Governor of Idaho between 1983 and 1987.
Leroy served as lieutenant governor during the administration of Governor John V. Evans.
Leroy is a practicing attorney in Boise since 1988. Leroy deals with government and administrative law issues, criminal defense and family law trials, hearings, litigation and counsel at state, federal and local levels.
Leroy is a grandfather with two children, Jordan a lawyer and mom, and Adam, an archaeologist and father. Leroy wife Nancy is a former Miss Boise and Miss Boise State University and has a degree in Sociology from Boise State University.
Idaho's 1st Congressional District
In 1994 Leroy ran for the Republican nomination to the United States House of Representatives from the Idaho 1st Congressional District. He finished second behind Helen Chenoweth with 27.8% of the vote.
In 1982 he was elected lieutenant governor, replacing Phil Batt, who was a candidate for governor that year.
Leroy was elected Attorney General of Idaho in 1978.
Ada County Prosecuting Attorney
Was elected in 1970s and served 2 terms.
- Nomination of David H. Leroy To Be Nuclear Waste Negotiator Accessed 25 January 2008
- "Credentials | David H. Leroy | Attorney at Law | Boise, ID". David H. Leroy | Attorney at Law | Boise, ID. Retrieved 2017-04-12.
- "David H. Leroy – IDAHO LINCOLN INSTITUTE". looktolincoln.org. Retrieved 2017-04-12.
- Release, Press. "Press Release: New Idaho Institute Seeks Wisdom of Lincoln". idahopoliticsweekly.com. Retrieved 2017-04-12.
- "Dave Leroy for Congress | Leroy for Idaho". 2018-05-14. Retrieved 2018-05-25.
- Press, Associated. "Former Idaho AG David LeRoy to run for open House seat". KBOI. Retrieved 2017-05-11.
- Almukhtar, Sarah (2018-05-15). "Idaho Primary Election Results". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2018-05-25.
- Idaho Primary Election Results May 24, 1994 Archived May 1, 2012, at the Wayback Machine Accessed 25 January 2008
- "Credentials | David H. Leroy | Attorney at Law | Boise, ID". David H. Leroy | Attorney at Law | Boise, ID. Retrieved 2018-05-25.
| Attorney General of Idaho
| Lieutenant Governor of Idaho
|New office|| United States Nuclear Waste Negotiator
Richard H. Stallings
|Party political offices|
| Republican nominee for Governor of Idaho
|This article about an Idaho politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|