David H. Rosenthal
David H. Rosenthal (1945–1992) was an American author, poet, editor, and translator. He wrote mostly on the history of jazz music and was also an important translator of Catalan literature. Among his translations was the first English rendering of the Catalan epic "Tirant Lo Blanch," of which Cervantes said," I swear to you, my friend, it's the best book of its kind in the world."
- Eyes on the Street (1974)
- Modern Catalan Poetry (editor, 1979)
- Loves of the Poets: Poems (1989)
- Hard Bop: Jazz and Black Music 1955–1965 (1992)
- The Journey: Poems (1992)
- Four Postwar Catalan Poets (editor, 1994)
- "David H. Rosenthal". visat. Retrieved 26 April 2017.
|This biographical article about an American poet born in the 1940s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|