February 7, 1963 |
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
|Occupation||Film director, production designer|
Life and career
Hackl was the production designer and second unit director for Saw II, Saw III and Saw IV, as well as for Repo! The Genetic Opera. He was once in talks to direct Saw IV, however, Darren Lynn Bousman returned as the director. Hackl has directed Saw V. It was initially reported that Hackl would direct Saw V and Saw VI. It was later reported that Hackl would only direct Saw V, and that Saw VI would be directed by Kevin Greutert, the editor on all the Saw films to date. Despite negative critical reviews and mixed fan reviews, his direction in Saw V has been referred by Digital Spy as "slick direction." Hackl is set to direct the film adaption of the novel The Butcher Bride. He is set to direct Jeff Reher's spec script Endangered.
- Mary Silliman's War (1994) (Art Director)
- Jerry and Tom (1998) (Production Designer)
- Zebra Lounge (2001) (Production Designer)
- Club Land (2001) (Production Designer)
- Cybermutt (2002) (Production Designer)
- The Riverman (2004) (Production Designer)
- Redemption: The Stan Tookie Williams Story (2004) (Production Designer)
- Saw II (2005) (Production Designer)
- Skinwalkers (2006) (Production Designer)
- Saw III (2006) (Second Unit Director/Production Designer)
- Saw IV (2007) (Second Unit Director/Production Designer)
- Repo! The Genetic Opera (2008) (Second Unit Director/Production Designer)
- Outlander (2008) (Production Designer)
- Saw V (2008) (Director)
- Endangered also Red Machine (2013) (Director)
- "Life On The Line" (2016)(Director)
- The Fatal Five (2009) (Cast)
- Facebook | David Hackl
- Production Notes: Lionsgate Publicity
- "A Camping Trip Goes 'Red' After Angry Bear Attack". BloodyDisgusting.
- Kevin Greutert will direct Saw VI
- "'Saw V' Director Tells the Bloody Legend of 'The Butcher Bride'". BloodyDisgusting.
- Exclusive: 'Saw V' Director Gears Up for 'The Red Machine'
|This article about a Canadian film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|