|Occupation||Film director, production designer|
Life and career
Hackl was the production designer and second unit director for Saw II, Saw III and Saw IV; as well as for Repo! The Genetic Opera. He was once in talks to direct Saw IV, but Darren Lynn Bousman returned as the director. Later it was reported that Hackl would direct both Saw V and Saw VI, but eventually he only directed Saw V, while Saw VI was directed by Kevin Greutert, the editor of all Saw films to date. Despite negative critical reviews and mixed fan reviews, his direction in Saw V has been referred by Digital Spy as "slick direction". Hackl is set to direct the film adaption of the novel The Butcher Bride as well as Jeff Reher's spec script Endangered.
- Mary Silliman's War (1994) (Art Director)
- Jerry and Tom (1998) (Production Designer)
- Zebra Lounge (2001) (Production Designer)
- Club Land (2001) (Production Designer)
- Cybermutt (2002) (Production Designer)
- The Riverman (2004) (Production Designer)
- Redemption: The Stan Tookie Williams Story (2004) (Production Designer)
- Saw II (2005) (Production Designer)
- Skinwalkers (2006) (Production Designer)
- Saw III (2006) (Second Unit Director/Production Designer)
- Saw IV (2007) (Second Unit Director/Production Designer)
- Repo! The Genetic Opera (2008) (Second Unit Director/Production Designer)
- Outlander (2008) (Production Designer)
- Saw V (2008) (Director)
- The Fatal Five (2009) (Actor)
- Endangered also Red Machine (2013) (Director)
- Life on the Line (2015) (Director)
- Facebook | David Hackl
- Production Notes: Lionsgate Publicity
- "A Camping Trip Goes 'Red' After Angry Bear Attack". BloodyDisgusting.
- Kevin Greutert will direct Saw VI
- "'Saw V' Director Tells the Bloody Legend of 'The Butcher Bride'". BloodyDisgusting.
- Exclusive: 'Saw V' Director Gears Up for 'The Red Machine'
|This article about a Canadian film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|