|Birth name||David Michael Benjamin Smet|
|Born||14 August 1966|
|Labels||PolyGram, Scotti Bros.|
|Associated acts||Erik Godal|
David Hallyday (born David Michael Benjamin Smet; 14 August 1966) is a French singer, songwriter and amateur sports car racer.
Hallyday was born in Boulogne-Billancourt and is the son of the French singers Sylvie Vartan and Johnny Hallyday. David Hallyday is a first cousin of actor Michael Vartan. He is the older half-brother of actress Laura Smet.
Hallyday is most known for writing music for others, including a collaboration with his father on the 1999 album Sang pour sang.
He appeared in the teenage comedy He's My Girl (1987), also performing its title theme song. "He's My Girl" reached #79 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 and #72 on Cash Box. His 1991 album Rock 'n' Heart spawned a bigger hit, "Ooh La La", which reached #51 on the Hot 100.
Hallyday married Estelle Lefébure in 1989; they divorced in 2001. They have two children, Emma and llona. He married Alexandra Pastor, the daughter of businessman Michel Pastor, in 2004. Their son Cameron was born on 8 October 2004.
- True Cool (1988)
- Rock 'n' Heart (1990)
- 2000 BBF with Blind Fish (1994)
- Novacaine with Novacaine (1997)
- Un Paradis/Un Enfer (1999)
- Révélation (2002)
- Satellite (2004)
- David Hallyday (2007)
- Un Nouveau Monde (2010)
- Le Temps D'une Vie (2016)
- J'ai quelque chose à vous dire (2018)
- On the Road (1992)
- "He's My Girl" (1987)
- "High" (1988)
- "Ooh La La" (1991)
- "Tears Of The Earth" (1991)
- "Tu ne m'as pas laissé le temps" (1999)
- "La planète au trésor" (2002)
- "Ma dernière lettre" (2018)
24 Hours of Le Mans results
|2003||Courage Compétition|| Philippe Alliot
|2007||PSI Experience|| Claude-Yves Gosselin
|Chevrolet Corvette C6.R||GT1||289||28th||12th|
|2008||Larbre Compétition|| Christophe Bouchut
|2011||Team Oreca-Matmut|| Alexandre Prémat
|2014||IMSA Performance Matmut|| Raymond Narac
|Porsche 997 GT3-RSR||GTE
- Cohen, Arnault (6 December 2017). "Le prince Albert II parle de Johnny Hallyday: les 5 choses à retenir". Monaco Matin. Retrieved 7 December 2017.