David Harsanyi is an American political writer.
Harsanyi is a nationally syndicated columnist and senior editor at The Federalist. He is a former editor of Human Events and opinion columnist at The Denver Post. His writings on politics and culture have appeared in The Wall Street Journal, Weekly Standard, Washington Post, National Review, Reason, Christian Science Monitor, Jerusalem Post, The Globe and Mail, The Hill, Sports Illustrated Online, and other publications.
A libertarian, his column is nationally syndicated by Creators Syndicate. He is author of The People Have Spoken (and They Are Wrong): The Case Against Democracy, Obama's Four Horsemen: The Disasters Unleashed by Obama's Reelection and Nanny State: How Food Fascists, Teetotaling Do-Gooders, Priggish Moralists, and other Boneheaded Bureaucrats are Turning America into a Nation of Children. He left his position writing op-eds for The Denver Post to work for TheBlaze.
Harsanyi's family defected from Hungary. He identifies himself as a Jewish atheist and believes that gay marriage neither undermines traditional marriage nor triggers societal instability.
- The People Have Spoken (and They Are Wrong): The Case Against Democracy (2014) ISBN 978-1621572022
- Obama's Four Horsemen: The Disasters Unleashed by Obama's Reelection (2013) ISBN 978-1621570677
- Nanny State: How Food Fascists, Teetotaling Do-Gooders, Priggish Moralists, and other Boneheaded Bureaucrats are Turning America into a Nation of Children (2007), ISBN 978-0-7679-2432-0
- David Harsanyi:Denver Post Staff Columnist, DenverPost.com
- "David Harsanyi profile". The Huffington Post. Retrieved February 13, 2010.
- David Harsanyi Celebrates Libertarian Judgmentalism, Reason, January 10, 2014
- Roberts, Michael (May 3, 2011). "David Harsanyi thinks Glenn Beck's The Blaze will "do better" in future than Denver Post". Westword.
- "Washington Journal". Washington Journal. July 6, 2012. Event occurs at 0:35. C-SPAN.
- "Harsanyi: This is a Jewish "value"?". Retrieved May 27, 2017.
- David Harsanyi (2015-02-11). "Obama Is A Good BSer, But He's A Bad Liar". Thefederalist.com. Retrieved 2017-05-27.
- Harsanyi, David (August 6, 2010). "Time For a Divorce". Real Clear Politics.