David Harsanyi is an American political pundit. He is a nationally syndicated columnist and senior editor at The Federalist. He is a former editor of Human Events and opinion columnist at The Denver Post. His writings on politics and culture have appeared in The Wall Street Journal, Weekly Standard, Washington Post, National Review, Reason, Christian Science Monitor, Jerusalem Post, The Globe and Mail, The Hill, Sports Illustrated Online, and other publications.
Harsanyi is a libertarian.
Harsanyi's column is nationally syndicated by Creators Syndicate. He is author of The People Have Spoken (and They Are Wrong): The Case Against Democracy, Obama's Four Horsemen: The Disasters Unleashed by Obama's Reelection and Nanny State: How Food Fascists, Teetotaling Do-Gooders, Priggish Moralists, and other Boneheaded Bureaucrats are Turning America into a Nation of Children. He left his position writing op-eds for The Denver Post to work for TheBlaze.
- The People Have Spoken (and They Are Wrong): The Case Against Democracy (2014) ISBN 978-1621572022
- Obama's Four Horsemen: The Disasters Unleashed by Obama's Reelection (2013) ISBN 978-1621570677
- Nanny State: How Food Fascists, Teetotaling Do-Gooders, Priggish Moralists, and other Boneheaded Bureaucrats are Turning America into a Nation of Children (2007), ISBN 978-0-7679-2432-0
- "Washington Journal for Friday, July 6". Washington Journal. July 6, 2012. Event occurs at 0:35. C-SPAN.
- David Harsanyi:Denver Post Staff Columnist, DenverPost.com
- "David Harsanyi". The Huffington Post. Retrieved February 13, 2010.
- Roberts, Michael (May 3, 2011). "David Harsanyi thinks Glenn Beck's The Blaze will "do better" in future than Denver Post". Westword.
- Harsanyi, David (August 6, 2010). "Time For a Divorce". Real Clear Politics.