David Holmes (actor)
|Born||1981 (age 35–36)|
|Occupation||Actor, stunt performer|
Holmes was the stunt double for Daniel Radcliffe as Harry Potter in the first six films of the Harry Potter film series. He was also credited as playing the role of Adrian Pucey in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001), the first of the film series, though this was an error in the credits: Pucey was actually played by Scott Fearn.
While test filming for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows in January 2009, an accident occurred during one of the stunts, injuring his spine. Although he initially hoped to return to work, it has since been reported that Holmes is paralyzed and now uses a wheelchair. Holmes is credited as stuntman in The Deathly Hallows.
Since becoming disabled, he has taken up driving a specially-modified car around race tracks at 150 mph and has set up a production company, Ripple Productions, with two friends, who are also tetraplegic.
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001) - Adrian Pucey
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002) - Slytherin Beater No1
- Cockcroft, Lucy (1 February 2009). "Harry Potter Stuntman David Holmes Vows to Return to Work — The Harry Potter Stuntman Injured in a Fall on the Film Set Has Vowed to Return to Work, Despite Fears He May Be Paralysed". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 22 January 2010.
- Nelmes, Amy (29 January 2009). "Harry Potter stuntman suffers horror injury in film set explosion". Daily Mirror. Retrieved 22 January 2010.
- "Harry Potter stunt double was paralysed in accident on set".