David Hunt (actor)
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Spouse(s)||Patricia Heaton (1990-present)|
His best known U.S. film role is Harlan Rook, in the 1988 action film The Dead Pool, the fifth installment in the Dirty Harry series. He has also had guest roles on the television sitcom Everybody Loves Raymond as Ray's nemesis neighbor, Bill Parker. He also appeared in the recurring role of Darren McCarthy during Season 6 of 24. Back in the UK, Hunt was in the 1991 award winning period drama, The Black Velvet Gown, as well as being a regular cast member of the series Beck for the BBC.
In 2005, Hunt directed the documentary The Bituminous Coal Queens of Pennsylvania, which won a Crystal Heart Award at the Heartland Film Festival. Other film appearances include The Deal with William H. Macy, Meg Ryan and Jason Ritter and Moms' Night Out.
Amongst Hunt's productions are the romantic comedy The Engagement Ring, a two-hour movie for TNT in which he also starred; Amazing Grace, a motion picture directed by Michael Apted and starring Albert Finney and the television comedy Versailles, which he directed.
In 2001, he founded a production company, FourBoys Entertainment, with his wife Patricia Heaton.
Filmography as actor
- The Dead Pool (1988) as Harlan Rook
- Nasty Boys (1989) as Dale Lofton
- The Black Velvet Gown (1991) as Laurence Gallmington
- Just Like a Woman (1992) as Police Officer No. 1
- Jade (1995) as Pat Callendar
- Murder on the Orient Express (2001) as Bob Arbuthnot
- Amazing Grace (2006) as Lord Camden
- The Deal (2008) as Grier Clark
- Justice League: The New Frontier (2008) as Harry (voice)
- Liz & Dick (2012) as Ifor Jenkins (TV film)
- Moms' Night Out (2014) as Cabbie
- Sonny Spoon (1 episode) (1988) as Atlas
- The Client (TV series) (1 episode) (1995) as Tom Halstead
- Everybody Loves Raymond (3 episodes) (1998-2002) as Bill Parker
- Numb3rs (1 episode) (2005) as Elliot Cole
- Monk (1 episode) (2005) as Michael Norfleet
- 24 (4 episodes) (2007) as Darren McCarthy
- Castle (1 episode) (2011) as Falco
- Mad Men (episode: "Signal 30") (2012) as Edwin Baker
- Transformers: Robots in Disguise (2015) as Chop Shop (voice)
- "David Hunt,Director/Producer/Writer/Actor — Bituminous Coal Queens of Pennsylvania". Retrieved December 5, 2008.