David Huron (born June 1, 1954) is a Canadian Arts and Humanities Distinguished Professor at the Ohio State University, in both the School of Music and the Center for Cognitive and Brain Sciences. His teaching and publications focus on the psychology of music and music cognition. In 2017, Huron was awarded the Society for Music Perception and Cognition Achievement Award.
- Huron, D. (2016). Voice Leading: The Science behind a Musical Art. MIT Press.
- Huron, D. (2006). Sweet Anticipation: Music and the Psychology of Expectation. Cambridge, Massachusetts: MIT Press.
- Huron, D. (1999). Music Research Using Humdrum: A User's Guide. Stanford, California: Center for Computer Assisted Research in the Humanities.
- Huron, D. (1995). The Humdrum Toolkit: Reference Manual. Menlo Park, California: Center for Computer Assisted Research in the Humanities.
- "David Huron". The Cognitive and Systematic Musicology Lab. Ohio State University. Retrieved 2019-05-14.
- "About the Society for Music Perception and Cognition". www.musicperception.org. Retrieved 2019-12-21.
- Reviews of Voice Leading:
- Moss, Fabian C. (2017). "Book Review". Music Theory and Analysis. 4 (1): 119–145.
- Fowler-Finn, Kasey (2018). "Voice Leading: The Science behind a Musical Art by David Huron". The Quarterly Review of Biology. 39 (1): 42–43. doi:10.1086/696758.
- Margulis, Elizabeth Hellmuth (2019). "Book review". Journal of Music Theory. 63 (1): 139–144. doi:10.1215/00222909-7320639.
- Reviews of Sweet Anticipation:
- Thompson, William Forde (2007). "David Huron, Sweet Anticipation: Music and the Psychology of Expectation". Empirical Musicology Review. 2 (2): 67–70.
- Benjamin, William (2007). "Reviewed Work: Sweet Anticpation: Music and the Psychology of Expectation by David Huron". The Journal of Aesthetics and Art Criticism. 65 (3): 333–335. JSTOR 4622248.
- Ockelford, Adam (2008). "Review article: D. Huron, Sweet Anticipation: Music and the Psychology of Expectation". Psychology of Music. 36 (3): 367–382. doi:10.1177/0305735608094506.
- Biancorooso, Giorgio (2008). "Whose Phenomenology of Music? David Huron's Theory of Expectation". Music & Letters. 89 (3): 396–404. doi:10.1093/ml/gcn015.