David J. O'Reilly
|David J. O'Reilly|
|Alma mater||University College Dublin|
CEO at |
Chevron Corporation (2000–09)
|Salary||US$ 31,543,200 (2007) |
|Predecessor||Kenneth T. Derr|
|Successor||John S. Watson|
|Spouse(s)||Joan Gariepy O'Reilly|
He began his career with Chevron Research Co. as a process engineer in 1968. On January 1, 2000, he became chairman and CEO of Chevron, succeeding Kenneth T. Derr. He retired effective December 31, 2009.
In January 2010, O'Reilly joined the Board of engineering and construction giant, Bechtel Corporation. In August 2010, he was appointed a director on the board of Saudi Aramco, the national oil company of Saudi Arabia. He also is vice chairman of the National Petroleum Council. He is a member of The Business Council, J. P. Morgan International Council, the World Economic Forum’s International Business Council, and the American Society of Corporate Executives. O'Reilly also serves on the San Francisco Symphony Board of Governors.
- "David J O'Reilly, CEO Compensation – Forbes.com". forbes.com. Retrieved 21 August 2012.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2008-07-26. Retrieved 2008-11-09.
- "David O'Reilly, former Chevron Chairman and CEO, joins Bechtel Board".
- "David J. O'Reilly, former Chevron Chairman and CEO, among new appointees to board of Saudi Aramco".
- "David O'Reilly: Executive Profile & Biography – Businessweek". investing.businessweek.com. Retrieved 28 August 2012.
- "Kazakh Watchdog Organization to track hydrocarbon revenues". Kazakhstan Daily Digest. August 29, 2009. Archived from the original on September 4, 2008. Retrieved 2009-08-29.