This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||David Scott Jaffe
April 13, 1971
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
|Residence||San Diego, California|
|Occupation||Video game designer|
|Known for||Twisted Metal series
God of War
Jaffe is originally from Birmingham, Alabama and currently resides in San Diego, California. Jaffe graduated from Alabama's Mountain Brook High School, located in Mountain Brook, AL, a suburb of Birmingham. Jaffe then attended the University of Southern California in Los Angeles. He applied to the USC School of Cinematic Arts, but was never admitted. After a few years pursuing his dream of directing movies, he turned to game design.
Jaffe is well known for directing the Twisted Metal series and God of War. Jaffe's Twisted Metal: Black and God of War have both ranked into IGN's "Top 25 PS2 Games of All Time", with Twisted Metal: Black in ninth place and God of War winning first place as IGN's best PS2 game of all time. In 2007, Jaffe left SCEA to found Eat Sleep Play. The studio signed a multi-year deal with Sony to create games exclusively for PlayStation platforms. He left Eat Sleep Play in February 2012 due to creative differences. 
- Drawn to Death (2017) (PS4) - game director
- Twisted Metal (2012) (PS3) - game director
- Calling All Cars! (2007) (PS3) - game director
- God of War II (2007) (PS2) - creative director
- Twisted Metal: Head-On (2005) (PSP) - game director
- God of War (2005) (PS2) - game director
- Kinetica (2001) (PS2)
- Twisted Metal: Black (2001) (PS2)
- Twisted Metal 2 (1996) (PlayStation) - game director, producer, and designer
- Twisted Metal (1995) (PlayStation) - designer
- Mickey Mania (1994) (Super NES/Sega Mega Drive/Genesis/Sega CD) - designer
- Skyblazer (1993) (Super NES) - tester
- "David Jaffe Opens Up," GamePro 235 (April 2008): 23.
- IGN PlayStation Team (2007-03-16). "The Top 25 PS2 Games of All Time". IGN.com. Retrieved 2007-04-01.
- Sliwinski, Alexander. "David Jaffe leaves Eat Sleep Play, layoffs hit developer [Update]". Joystiq. Retrieved 4 February 2015.
- Jaffe, David. "Why I Left Eat Sleep Play". DavidJaffe.biz. Retrieved 4 February 2015.
- Matulef, Jeffrey. "David Jaffe reveals arena shooter Drawn to Death". Eurogamer.
- Jaffe's Blog with Project Listing Archived 2010-06-09 at the Wayback Machine.