|Full name||Horace David Jeanes|
27 December 1943 |
Skipton, West Riding of Yorkshire, England
|Weight||16 st 5 lb (104 kg; 229 lb)|
|Source: rugbyleagueproject.org englandrl.co.uk|
Horace David Jeanes ( Skipton, is an English rugby union and professional Rugby League World Cup winning footballer, playing club level rugby union for Wakefield RFC and representative level rugby league for Great Britain and Yorkshire, and at club level for Wakefield Trinity (captain) (Heritage № 734), Leeds and Huddersfield, as a Prop, number 8 or 10, during the era of contested scrums.27 December 1943 ) born in
Rugby Union career
- Keighley Grammar School 1959/61 – 1st team – second row
- Keighley RUFC 1960–1966 - Yorkshire Colts 1962
- Wakefield RFC 1966/67 – prop
- Baildon RU 1974/78 and 1979 - 2007 player, then coach/assistant
Rugby League career
- Silsden U19 RL team – 1 game in 1961 final – second row
- Wakefield Trinity 1967–1972 – played 168 games – prop
- 1968 won championship final
- lost 'watersplash' final at Wembley (D. Fox missed goal)
- 1971 played 3 times for Yorkshire RL
- Played 3 times for Great Britain (once against France, twice against New Zealand)
- Captained Wakefield against Halifax in No 6 final which Wakefield lost
- 1972 played for Great Britain twice against France
- 1972 played for Yorks RL once
- Leeds 1972/74 - prop
- Amateur Rugby League
- 1975 Shaw Lane - won division, cup runners up (player coach)
- 1976/77 Underbank - played important games
- Huddersfield 1977/1979
- part of promotion winning team, player of the season
David Jeanes played Right-Prop, i.e. number 10, in Great Britain's 10-10 draw with Australia in the 1972 Rugby League World Cup Final at Stade de Gerland, Lyon on 11 November 1972. Great Britain were awarded the Rugby League World Cup by virtue of a better position in the final qualification league table.
David Jeanes won cap(s) for Yorkshire while at Wakefield Trinity.
Championship Final appearances
David Jeanes played Left-Prop, number 8, and scored a try in Wakefield Trinity's 17-10 victory over Hull Kingston Rovers in the Championship Final during the 1967–68 season at Headingley Rugby Stadium, Leeds on Saturday 4 May 1968.
Challenge Cup Final appearances
David Jeanes played Left-Prop, number 8, in Wakefield Trinity's 10-11 defeat by Leeds in the 1968 Challenge Cup "Watersplash" Final during the 1967–68 season at Wembley Stadium, London on Saturday 11 May 1968, in front of a crowd of 87,100.
County Cup Final appearances
David Jeanes played Left-Prop, i.e. number 8, in Leeds 7-2 victory over Wakefield Trinity in the 1973 Yorkshire County Cup Final during the 1973–74 season at Headingley Rugby Stadium, Leeds on Saturday 20 October 1973.
Player's No.6 Trophy Final appearances
David Jeanes played Left-Prop, i.e. number 8, and was captain in Wakefield Trinity's 11-22 defeat by Halifax in the 1971–72 Player's No.6 Trophy Final during the 1971–72 season at Odsal Stadium, Bradford on Saturday 22 January 1972, and played Right-Prop, i.e. number 10, in Leeds' 12-7 victory over Salford in the 1972–73 Player's No.6 Trophy Final during the 1972–73 season at Fartown Ground, Huddersfield on Saturday 24 March 1973.