David Jensen (footballer)
|Full name||David Raagaard Jensen|
|Date of birth||25 March 1992|
|Place of birth||Hillerød, Denmark|
|Height||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|2012||→ FC Fredericia (loan)||4||(0)|
|2013||→ AB (loan)||12||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 7 November 2015.
Jensen was born in Hillerød, Denmark, he began his youth career at Hillerød GI before going on to F.C. Nordsjælland where he has played since he was 13 years old, signing his first contract with the club at age 16. He would later go on trial with Celtic, but decided against a move to the Scottish club stating that though moving to a large foreign club would be a dream move, moving at 16 years of age was too young and that staying at FCN would be better for his development.
David Jensen was promoted to reserve goalkeeper as backup to first choice Jesper Hansen in 2010. On 2 August 2011, he signed a new contract with FCN, keeping him at the club until 2014. On 31 August 2011, Jensen made his senior debut in goal against hometown team Hillerød Fodbold in the second round of the Danish Cup, keeping a clean sheet with a 5-0 win. He would play his second match for the senior team in the following round of the Danish Cup on 21 September, in a 2-0 win over 1st Division side FC Hjørring. David Jensen would go on to make his Superliga debut on 24 September, coming on as a 44th-minute substitute for the injured Jesper Hansen, in a 1-0 loss to AGF. He would make his first league start on 2 October, in a 1-0 win over SønderjyskE, but had to come off at half time because of an injury to his knees from a collision with another player. He is expected to be out of action anywhere between 4 and 6 weeks.
- As of October 2, 2011
- "To danmarksmestre fra Hillerød" (in Danish). HGI92.webbyen.dk (Hillerød GI). 26 June 2008. Retrieved 13 August 2011.
- "FCN: David Jensen forlænger" (in Danish). FCN.dk (F.C. Nordsjælland). 2 August 2011. Retrieved 6 September 2013.
- Pedersen, Kim (10 July 2008). "FCN forlænger med ung keeper" (in Danish). Bold.dk. Retrieved 13 August 2011.
- Blond, Mikael (5 October 2011). "FCN-reservekeeper foran længere pause" (in Danish). Bold.dk. Retrieved 12 October 2011.
- "Denmark beat Northern Ireland in Milk Cup Elite final". BBC News. British Broadcasting Corporation. 29 July 2011. Retrieved 12 August 2011.